dolphin app in chinese

Jochen Riekhof-3
Hi...

has anybody yet deployed a dolphin app in chinese language? Is it even
possible to do this without unicode support?

Ciao

...Jochen

Re: dolphin app in chinese

tgkuo
Hi,
   IMHO, it seemed that there is still some incompatibility to Unicode
encoding while writing codes in SmalltalkWorkspace.
  For example, I encounter a strange phenomenon in this respect:
    Whenever I put chinese characters  ( I'm using big5 encoding) in a
string and then press Accept, the caret position became somewhat misplaced,
i.e. I cann't find the method for the word at the caret position corrently,
either pointed at the word before or even a strange word, I supposed that
the workspace has been confused by the Unicode 2-bytes encoding, mixed in
the string.
     Since multi-language support is necessary for today's internet world, a
good web server ( I'm using seaside on Dolphin) should have full capacity to
function without problems in this regard. Unfortunately, I still have to
tolerate day by day that some of my Chinese character strings was
erroneously interpreted and could not be displayed correcty either in
Dolphin or in my web page. I must choose some other less fancy? words in
replace or sometimes it  ruined my web page without warning , I cann't debug
out at that situation to Dolphin VM's interpreter status, since all seemed
processed supposedly.
      BTW, I personally felt that string processing is somewhat clumsy in
Smalltalk, would it be better that Dolphin has full support of Regular
expression
using the  /.*/ way.

Best regards,

Tk Kuo

"Jochen Riekhof" <[hidden email]> wrote in
[hidden email]...