dolphin gui framework vs. other smalltalks

dolphin gui framework vs. other smalltalks

Syver Enstad-3
Hi, I am a smalltalk newbie. When I read about Smalltalk in articles
and books they often discuss the intricacies of the MVC framework in
let's say Visual Works. Are there any information on how to interpret
this in the context of Dolphin Smalltalk? F.ex is the ValueModel
framework the same or very similar in Dolphin and Visual Works?

This would be really nice because I have a couple of good
articles/books on this (Becks Smalltalk books and Design Patterns
Smalltalk companion) and I'd really like to leverage them in the
context of using Dolphin.
--

Vennlig hilsen

Syver Enstad

acg

Re: dolphin gui framework vs. other smalltalks

acg
Hello,
Try finding "Twisting the Triad"-The evolution of the Dolphin Smalltalk MVP by
Andy Bower, I Downloaded it from one of the Dolphin sites (sorry don't remember
which)) which refers to MVP in  http://www.ibm.com/java/education/mvp.html as
the inspiration for MVP vs MVC

Hope this helps.
Andrew

Re: dolphin gui framework vs. other smalltalks

Dominique Dartois-2
Twisting the triad :
http://www.object-arts.com/Papers/TwistingTheTriad.PDF
----
Dominique Dartois

Re: dolphin gui framework vs. other smalltalks

Mikael Svane-2
It is located at http://www.object-arts.com/Papers/TwistingTheTriad.PDF

Regards,

Mikael Svane