double click in moose panel

Tudor Girba
Hi,

In the last version of Moose Finder, the models are selected by double
click not by click. This allows you to invoke the menu of a model
without necessarily having to select it. It also maps nicely on the
idea that a new tab is always created with double click (both from the
models list and from somewhere in the finder)

Also if you select a tab with a model, it selects the appropriate
model in the list. This is doable because now the accumulator
populates activeEntity with the entity behind the tab. You can see an
example at:
GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42

It's actually pretty cool :).

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: double click in moose panel

Simon Denier-3

On 2 févr. 2010, at 22:24, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the last version of Moose Finder, the models are selected by double click not by click. This allows you to invoke the menu of a model without necessarily having to select it. It also maps nicely on the idea that a new tab is always created with double click (both from the models list and from somewhere in the finder)

Nice feature, it was needed (then it's missing some kind of UI feedback/progress bar when computing large lists?)

I did the update in a previous 10505 image. The Glamour browsers felt sluggish. Is it my image or a general known problem?

> Also if you select a tab with a model, it selects the appropriate model in the list. This is doable because now the accumulator populates activeEntity with the entity behind the tab. You can see an example at:
> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>
> It's actually pretty cool :).
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

 Simon

Re: double click in moose panel

Tudor Girba
Hi Simon,

>> Hi,
>>
>> In the last version of Moose Finder, the models are selected by
>> double click not by click. This allows you to invoke the menu of a
>> model without necessarily having to select it. It also maps nicely
>> on the idea that a new tab is always created with double click
>> (both from the models list and from somewhere in the finder)
>
> Nice feature, it was needed (then it's missing some kind of UI
> feedback/progress bar when computing large lists?)

Is it the lists, or the initial model?

> I did the update in a previous 10505 image. The Glamour browsers
> felt sluggish. Is it my image or a general known problem?

Hmm, it should not be. Do you have the latest Morph-TreeWidget? If you
have it, then the lists should be limited to 50 elements and appear
quite fast regardless of the amount of items in the list. Also, when
you expand the whole list you do get a progress bar.

Cheers,
Doru

>> Also if you select a tab with a model, it selects the appropriate
>> model in the list. This is doable because now the accumulator
>> populates activeEntity with the entity behind the tab. You can see
>> an example at:
>> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>>
>> It's actually pretty cool :).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

On 3 févr. 2010, at 15:06, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the last version of Moose Finder, the models are selected by double click not by click. This allows you to invoke the menu of a model without necessarily having to select it. It also maps nicely on the idea that a new tab is always created with double click (both from the models list and from somewhere in the finder)
>>
>> Nice feature, it was needed (then it's missing some kind of UI feedback/progress bar when computing large lists?)
>
> Is it the lists, or the initial model?

when opening a model with a double-click.

Another missing feature: closing tab.

>> I did the update in a previous 10505 image. The Glamour browsers felt sluggish. Is it my image or a general known problem?
>
> Hmm, it should not be. Do you have the latest Morph-TreeWidget? If you have it, then the lists should be limited to 50 elements and appear quite fast regardless of the amount of items in the list. Also, when you expand the whole list you do get a progress bar.

Think so, version 88

But I close and reopen the image, and it feels ok now?

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>>> Also if you select a tab with a model, it selects the appropriate model in the list. This is doable because now the accumulator populates activeEntity with the entity behind the tab. You can see an example at:
>>> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>>>
>>> It's actually pretty cool :).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

>> --
>> Simon

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

 Simon

Re: double click in moose panel

Tudor Girba
Hi,

>> Hi Simon,

>>> Nice feature, it was needed (then it's missing some kind of UI
>>> feedback/progress bar when computing large lists?)
>>
>> Is it the lists, or the initial model?
>
> when opening a model with a double-click.

Indeed, this is due to the long time it takes the model to compute all
groups.

> Another missing feature: closing tab.

Yes, we miss a morphic widget for that. The model supports the removal
of the panes.

>>> I did the update in a previous 10505 image. The Glamour browsers
>>> felt sluggish. Is it my image or a general known problem?
>>
>> Hmm, it should not be. Do you have the latest Morph-TreeWidget? If
>> you have it, then the lists should be limited to 50 elements and
>> appear quite fast regardless of the amount of items in the list.
>> Also, when you expand the whole list you do get a progress bar.
>
> Think so, version 88
>
> But I close and reopen the image, and it feels ok now?

Probably some Pharo voodoo :)

Cheers,
Doru

>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>>> --
>>> Simon

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."