double clicking on a quoted string

Alan Reider
minor thing - double clicking on a double string

'abc' - highlights only the closing '
'abc(' - highlights 'abc
'(abc' - clicking on b highlights the closing '
                - clicking on the ( highlights '(

This is in D4 also..

-alan

Re: double clicking on a quoted string

Blair McGlashan
"Alan Reider" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> minor thing - double clicking on a double string
>
> 'abc' - highlights only the closing '
> 'abc(' - highlights 'abc
> '(abc' - clicking on b highlights the closing '
> - clicking on the ( highlights '(
>
> This is in D4 also..

It's the default behaviour of the RichEdit control. It is configurable by
implementing a "word break procedure", but I looked at this briefly once
before and it looked complicated enough to put me off. It should be possible
to do it directly in Dolphin (i.e. in Smalltalk), but I remember being
depressed by the thought of the big switch statement it would need.

I very much doubt there will be time to get to it for this release, but I
have nevertheles recorded it as #664.

Thanks

Blair