download link for a file..

sergio_101

i have several audio files (podcasts) that i would like to provide a download link for using pier syntax..

something link *file download>+file_asset*

and also via url:

http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/Audio/TOGPodcastEpi013/

i would like to present a the link to download the referenced file.

any ideas?

thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: download link for a file..

Yanni Chiu
On 04/03/13 11:20 PM, sergio t. ruiz wrote:

> i have several audio files (podcasts) that i would like to provide a download link for using pier syntax..
>
> something link *file download>+file_asset*
>
> and also via url:
>
> http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/Audio/TOGPodcastEpi013/
>
> i would like to present a the link to download the referenced file.

Try:

http://www.thoseoptimizeguys.com/Audio/TOGPodcastEpi013?view=PRDownloadView

When I tried the above download link, the audio started playing in the
browser. I think it's a web browser option that is playing the audio,
instead of offering to save the file.

I can't remember how to put the view=PRDownloadView into the Pier syntax.