download tutorials from YouTube Re: [squeak-dev] Re: What is the plan for 4.2?

download tutorials from YouTube Re: [squeak-dev] Re: What is the plan for 4.2?

dcorking
Chris Cunnington  wrote:
> "Is it possible to download the videos for offline use?"
> I don't think from YouTube you can do that.

DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox works for me (it is free of charge
with readable source AFAICT, though proprietary.  The videos are
watermarked if you use the plugins built-in converter on Windows.
Mac/Linux not so.))

Re: download tutorials from YouTube Re: [squeak-dev] Re: What is the plan for 4.2?

Hannes Hirzel
OK, fine thanks. So we only thing we nedd then at the moment is to
find them. Tags, tags, tags....

--Hannes

On 4/28/10, David Corking <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Chris Cunnington  wrote:
>> "Is it possible to download the videos for offline use?"
>> I don't think from YouTube you can do that.
>
> DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox works for me (it is free of charge
> with readable source AFAICT, though proprietary.  The videos are
> watermarked if you use the plugins built-in converter on Windows.
> Mac/Linux not so.))

Re: download tutorial videos

jgfoster
See http://seaside.gemstone.com/movies/ for a number of videos in MOV format.

James

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:24 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:

> OK, fine thanks. So we only thing we nedd then at the moment is to
> find them. Tags, tags, tags....
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 4/28/10, David Corking <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Chris Cunnington  wrote:
>>> "Is it possible to download the videos for offline use?"
>>> I don't think from YouTube you can do that.
>>
>> DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox works for me (it is free of charge
>> with readable source AFAICT, though proprietary.  The videos are
>> watermarked if you use the plugins built-in converter on Windows.
>> Mac/Linux not so.))
>>
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Re: download tutorial videos

jgfoster
I see that this was on the Squeak list rather than the Seaside list, so the link is probably not so helpful. Sorry to jump in...

James

On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:29 AM, James Foster wrote:

> See http://seaside.gemstone.com/movies/ for a number of videos in MOV format.
>
> James
>
> On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:24 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>
>> OK, fine thanks. So we only thing we nedd then at the moment is to
>> find them. Tags, tags, tags....
>>
>> --Hannes

>>> DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox works for me (it is free of charge
>>> with readable source AFAICT, though proprietary.  The videos are
>>> watermarked if you use the plugins built-in converter on Windows.
>>> Mac/Linux not so.))
>>>
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Re: download tutorial videos

Hannes Hirzel
No the Seaside links are fine for me as well. But there seem to be
more videos out there .....

--Hannes

On 4/28/10, James Foster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I see that this was on the Squeak list rather than the Seaside list, so the
> link is probably not so helpful. Sorry to jump in...
>
> James
>
> On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:29 AM, James Foster wrote:
>
>> See http://seaside.gemstone.com/movies/ for a number of videos in MOV
>> format.
>>
>> James
>>
>> On Apr 28, 2010, at 10:24 AM, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
>>
>>> OK, fine thanks. So we only thing we nedd then at the moment is to
>>> find them. Tags, tags, tags....
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: download tutorial videos

Squeak List
saving video in Windows: since it hasn't been mentioned yet, RealPlayer (the free version SP) allows many videos to be saved. youtube videos in particular.

http://www.real.com/

i have only used it on Windows, but it looks like they have something for Mac and Linux also.

i havent read all of the list emails yet, so maybe someone mentioned this already...

ken

Re: download tutorials from YouTube Re: [squeak-dev] Re: What is the plan for 4.2?

Derek O'Connell-2
On 28/04/10 17:42, David Corking wrote:

> Chris Cunnington  wrote:
>> "Is it possible to download the videos for offline use?"
>> I don't think from YouTube you can do that.
>
> DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox works for me (it is free of charge
> with readable source AFAICT, though proprietary.  The videos are
> watermarked if you use the plugins built-in converter on Windows.
> Mac/Linux not so.))

Tip: on Linux FF/Flash downloads vids to /tmp under a hashed name.
Simply drag to your folder of choice to preserve for later viewing :-)

(same on Windows but tmp dir used is not so obvious)

Re: download tutorials from YouTube Re: [squeak-dev] Re: What is the plan for 4.2?

K. K. Subramaniam
On Thursday 29 April 2010 02:32:17 pm Derek O'Connell wrote:

> On 28/04/10 17:42, David Corking wrote:
> > Chris Cunnington  wrote:
> >> "Is it possible to download the videos for offline use?"
> >> I don't think from YouTube you can do that.
> >
> > DownloadHelper plugin for Firefox works for me (it is free of charge
> > with readable source AFAICT, though proprietary.  The videos are
> > watermarked if you use the plugins built-in converter on Windows.
> > Mac/Linux not so.))
> >
> > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006
>
> Tip: on Linux FF/Flash downloads vids to /tmp under a hashed name.
> Simply drag to your folder of choice to preserve for later viewing :-)
>
> (same on Windows but tmp dir used is not so obvious)
%TEMP% should do it. But the downloaded video files are locked and cannot be
copied while viewing. One can also use online converters like www.keepvid.com
to get the files.

Subbu