drop-down multiple selection list box - using the keyboard

drop-down multiple selection list box - using the keyboard

John Trinder-2
I want to use the keyboard to make selections in a drop-down multiple
selection list box.

I've tried Space and Enter, but nothing else works.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Re: drop-down multiple selection list box - using the keyboard

John Trinder-2
[hidden email] (John Trinder) wrote in message news:<[hidden email]>...
> I want to use the keyboard to make selections in a drop-down multiple
> selection list box.
>
> I've tried Space and Enter, but nothing else works.
>
> Does anybody know if this is possible?

Try this in a workspace:

ListPresenter show: 'Multi-selection enhanced list view' on: #(1 2 3 4
5 6).

Use a combination of Cntrl key with up/down cursor and while holding
down the Cntrl key press Spacebar to make/unmake multiple selections

Re: drop-down multiple selection list box - using the keyboard

Ian Bartholomew-18
John,

> Use a combination of Cntrl key with up/down cursor and while holding
> down the Cntrl key press Spacebar to make/unmake multiple selections

Looks like shift+up or down works as well.

I would guess that all the "normal" mouse operations would work with the
cursor keys taking the place of mouse movements and the space bar
representing a mouse click?.  Perhaps this is part of the standard
Windows UI - I nearly always use the mouse for navigation so it's not
really something I've investigated.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:<c181m2$1eug57$[hidden email]>...

> John,
>
> > Use a combination of Cntrl key with up/down cursor and while holding
> > down the Cntrl key press Spacebar to make/unmake multiple selections
>
> Looks like shift+up or down works as well.
>
> I would guess that all the "normal" mouse operations would work with the
> cursor keys taking the place of mouse movements and the space bar
> representing a mouse click?.  Perhaps this is part of the standard
> Windows UI - I nearly always use the mouse for navigation so it's not
> really something I've investigated.

I'm hoping to create a database using dolphin - an essential
prerequisite is that it's data entry functions must be entirely
keyboard controlled.