ecompletion and new browser

Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez
Hello:
I've downloaded the new Pharo image (Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3) from the site
and just learned to use Metacello and Monticello (thanks to Stephane and
Mariano btw). This image comes with a different browser that the one I
was using before so after a little searching I found O2 and got it from
Squeaksource but now the completion plugin it's missing from the
browser. how can i fix this?

thanks in advance.

Re: ecompletion and new browser

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Yoandy. How did you install O2 ?  If you see in the welcome worspace of the image you are using, it explains how to load O2, which is:

    Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package:'ConfigurationOfO2';
    load.

     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfO2) project version: '1.2') load: 'Dev'.

Can you confirm that installing it in that way, still the autocompletion doesn't work ? because it should

Cheers

Mariano

2010/4/2 Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez <[hidden email]>
Hello:
I've downloaded the new Pharo image (Pharo-1.0-10515-rc3) from the site and just learned to use Metacello and Monticello (thanks to Stephane and Mariano btw). This image comes with a different browser that the one I was using before so after a little searching I found O2 and got it from Squeaksource but now the completion plugin it's missing from the browser. how can i fix this?

thanks in advance.

Re: ecompletion and new browser

Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez

My bad, I was confused about Monticello and Metacello beeing the same
thing. Now I see they're more like rpm and yum so, since now on Metacello
it is!!.

Thanks to all, specially Mariano

Re: ecompletion and new browser

zekUs
i installed the O2 browser with Metacello configuration method but ecompletion does not work. in workspace it is ok but in O2 browser it does'nt. i grab a fresh copy of latest pharo image and i installed seaside, squeakdbx etc. at least i installed O2 and there is no completion.

2010/4/3 Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez <[hidden email]>

My bad, I was confused about Monticello and Metacello beeing the same thing. Now I see they're more like rpm and yum so, since now on Metacello it is!!.

Thanks to all, specially Mariano

zekUs - http://zekus.net/blog

Re: ecompletion and new browser

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi zekus

can you show us the script you used to load?
+ the image you took?

Stef

On Apr 5, 2010, at 2:07 PM, zekUs wrote:

> i installed the O2 browser with Metacello configuration method but ecompletion does not work. in workspace it is ok but in O2 browser it does'nt. i grab a fresh copy of latest pharo image and i installed seaside, squeakdbx etc. at least i installed O2 and there is no completion.
>
> 2010/4/3 Yoandy Rodríguez Martínez <[hidden email]>
>
> My bad, I was confused about Monticello and Metacello beeing the same thing. Now I see they're more like rpm and yum so, since now on Metacello it is!!.
>
> Thanks to all, specially Mariano

> zekUs - http://zekus.net/blog

Re: ecompletion and new browser

zekUs
i just downloaded the image from pharo-project web site today. it is called 1.0 RC3. my installation process is;

1-open monticello browser and browse MetacelloRepository.
2-load the configuration package. (ConfigurationOfO2 for this situation)
3-eval the load like method. for O2 i evaluated:
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfO2) loadDefault.

i am installing my all other tools like this.

--
zekUs - http://zekus.net/blog

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 2:48 PM, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
i just downloaded the image from pharo-project web site today. it is called 1.0 RC3. my installation process is;

1-open monticello browser and browse MetacelloRepository.
2-load the configuration package. (ConfigurationOfO2 for this situation)
3-eval the load like method. for O2 i evaluated:
(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfO2) loadDefault.

i am installing my all other tools like this.

But that's not what you want. That's why I told you to install it in this way:

   Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
        package:'ConfigurationOfO2';
    load.

     ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfO2) project version: '1.2') load: 'Dev'.

In metacello you can define groups of packages. When you load something with Metacello, you can do just load and that will load the default packages. But after, you can have differents groups. The default can be just the core packages. Then you can have groups called "Dev" where it also installs the dev tools.

Using load:  you specify a group name, a package name or a list.

Take a look at the class ConfigurationOfO2, to the baseline methods, at the end, where the groups are defined.

Moreover, I recommend you to read the Metacello tutorial:

http://code.google.com/p/metacello/wiki/Tutorial

Cheers

Mariano

2010/4/5 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>

Hi zekus

can you show us the script you used to load?
+ the image you took?

Re: ecompletion and new browser

zekUs
thanks for reply. it works now.

so we must take look at configuration packages before loading the package. i am getting used to this metacello system slowly.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 5:12 PM, zekUs <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks for reply. it works now.

so we must take look at configuration packages before loading the package. i am getting used to this metacello system slowly.

Yes. If the "default" doesn't satisfy your needs, then yes. There is no need to explicitly look the code. You can just inspect for example:

(ConfigurationOfO2  project version: '1.2') groups

Then, you can inspect a particular group, and inspect the result of the message "includes" to see what it is included in such group.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mariano