editing the environment - i botched my installation..

editing the environment - i botched my installation..

sergio_101-2
i may have botched my installation, but i think it's fixable..

my front page needs a different environment, so i made a new one, and
copied mainenvironment into it to edit it..

unfortunately, i started editing frontenvironment (the name i gave it)
willy nilly, and i think i killed the section where it rendered the
contents..

now, i can no longer edit that page, or do anything to it..

i can't access frontenvironment either.. most likely for the same reason..

is there a way i can access the data in the back end and make a change
to frontenvironment to make it work again?

oops and thank you..

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: editing the environment - i botched my installation..

John McKeon
Hello Sergio,
Someone else might have an easier method, but I recommend the Pier Browser. Load Pier-Omnibrowser from the old Pier repository. You will need Magritte-Morph installed too. It  gives you a nice morphic browser on the Pier kernels in your image.
John

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 9:56 AM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://john-mckeon.us

Re: editing the environment - i botched my installation..

Lukas Renggli
Alternatively you can explore (inspect)

    PRKernel instances

navigate to the root structure and set the environment to nil:

    self localEnvironment: nil

Like this a new default environment will be installed the next time
you browse Pier from the web.

Lukas

On 21 November 2010 12:26, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Sergio,
> Someone else might have an easier method, but I recommend the Pier Browser.
> Load Pier-Omnibrowser from the old Pier repository. You will need
> Magritte-Morph installed too. It  gives you a nice morphic browser on the
> Pier kernels in your image.
> John
>
> On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 9:56 AM, sergio_101 <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> i may have botched my installation, but i think it's fixable..
>>
>> my front page needs a different environment, so i made a new one, and
>> copied mainenvironment into it to edit it..
>>
>> unfortunately, i started editing frontenvironment (the name i gave it)
>> willy nilly, and i think i killed the section where it rendered the
>> contents..
>>
>> now, i can no longer edit that page, or do anything to it..
>>
>> i can't access frontenvironment either.. most likely for the same reason..
>>
>> is there a way i can access the data in the back end and make a change
>> to frontenvironment to make it work again?
>>
>> oops and thank you..
>>
>> --
>> ----
>> peace,
>> sergio
>> photographer, journalist, visionary
>>
>> http://www.CodingForHire.com
>> http://www.coffee-black.com
>> http://www.painlessfrugality.com
>> http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
>> http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

> http://john-mckeon.us

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: editing the environment - i botched my installation..

sergio_101-2
> Someone else might have an easier method, but I recommend the Pier Browser.
> Load Pier-Omnibrowser from the old Pier repository. You will need
> Magritte-Morph installed too. It  gives you a nice morphic browser on the

hmm.. i got it installed, but i can't seem to fire it up..

it seems like there was something deprecated in "world" and it doesn't
know were to put it..

any ideas on where to find it?

thanks!

--
----

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Alternatively you can explore (inspect)
>
>    PRKernel instances

that worked..

thanks, lukas..