emsrv 7.2.3.0 on Windows Server 2016: "EMSRV for Windows(64-bit) has stopped working"

emsrv 7.2.3.0 on Windows Server 2016: "EMSRV for Windows(64-bit) has stopped working"

Hans-Martin Mosner-3
Hi,
I'm trying to get emsrv to run on a newer machine that is going to replace our aging server. To do this, we want to install a relatively recent emsrv version and took the one from VAST 9.2.1.
For testing, I'm running it under my own account (will be a dedicated account later). I gave myself the "Act as part of the operating system" right, which was necessary to get emsrv to start at all.
I can connect to it using emadmin and verify that it works. However, as soon as I connect from a client (9.1 or 9.2 image) it crashes with the error message given. No hint in the log file...
Adding myself to the Administrators group did not help, I'm not sure what the exact effect would be as I'm not really a Windows user.

Is there anything I could try?

Cheers,
Hans-Martin

emsrv 7.2.3.0 on Windows Server 2016: "EMSRV for Windows(64-bit) has stopped working"

Seth Berman
Hello,

Is this 64-bit?  If so can you try 32-bit emsrv or use the newest version from 9.2.2 which has a 64-bit fix

- Seth

Re: emsrv 7.2.3.0 on Windows Server 2016: "EMSRV for Windows(64-bit) has stopped working"

Hans-Martin Mosner-3

Am Montag, 3. August 2020 18:26:40 UTC+2 schrieb Seth Berman:
Hello,

Is this 64-bit?  If so can you try 32-bit emsrv or use the newest version from 9.2.2 which has a 64-bit fix

- Seth

Yes, 64-bit. Trying 9.2.2 is probably the best option, as we try to catch up with all the fresh work and fixes anyway :-)

Thank you very much!

Re: emsrv 7.2.3.0 on Windows Server 2016: "EMSRV for Windows(64-bit) has stopped working"

Hans-Martin Mosner-3
Hi Seth,
this was indeed the fix for my problem, thanks again!