emsrv and Red Hat 6.5 EL

Klaus Breker
Hello,

we are planning to switch our development repository to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2. Are there any problems to expect? Years ago I have read, that emsrv had problems with Red Hat's UTF-8.

Klaus

Re: emsrv and Red Hat 6.5 EL

SebastianHC
Hi Klaus,

I haven't used Red Hat,yet but the quite similar Fedora distributions
are doing fine in my environments

Sebastian

Am 02.04.2012 05:40, schrieb Klaus Breker:

> Hello,
>
> we are planning to switch our development repository to Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 6.2. Are there any problems to expect? Years ago I
> have read, that emsrv had problems with Red Hat's UTF-8.
>
> Klaus

Re: emsrv and Red Hat 6.5 EL

jtuchel
Hi Klaus,

like Sebastian, I haven't used RedHat, but several versions of openSuSE, even back when it wasn't supported by Instantiations. One of our customers is running on such a box for at least 5 years now, without any problems. emsrv is really a tiny c executable that has no special needs.

You need to make sure the repository is saved on a filesystem that is formatted with ext2fs, however. That is the only supported file system.

Joachim

Am Montag, 2. April 2012 14:40:43 UTC+2 schrieb Klaus Breker:
Hello,

we are planning to switch our development repository to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2. Are there any problems to expect? Years ago I have read, that emsrv had problems with Red Hat's UTF-8.

Klaus

Re: emsrv and Red Hat 6.5 EL

Klaus Breker
Hi Joachim and Sebastian,

thanks for your replies. It is a little bit disappointed, that newer filesystems are not supported. This will cause some more not necessary work.

When will be the next VA Smalltalk Forum Europe?

Klaus