error description

otto
Hi,

We found this code on UserDefinedError:

description

        ^'UserDefinedError 2318: User defined error, <nil>'.

This produced less useful error messages in our stack traces. Is there
any particular reason to do this or is it OK to suggest removing this
method?

Cheers
Otto

Re: error description

Dale
Otto,

I've been meaning to track that down ... I'll ask James why he did that...the description method in ExceptionA gives a much better description ... for now, I'd say leave it there (I'm assuming that it is a place holder to prevent an issue ... the ExceptionA>>description has historically been prone to infinite loops as the exception implementation has changed)...

Thanks for bringing it up.

Dale