error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

Rob Withers-2
I am following:
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/seaside/tutorial?_k=sYMMWLGI&_s=NLtXszDVFNfYkdvO

I loaded the changeset into a seaside image where the WAKom was running.  I
pointer my browser to http://localhost:8080/seaside/todo/.

I got an error in my server: UndefinedObject>>doesNotUnderstand: #default

from this method:

WARenderPhaseContinuation>>updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
        anHtmlRoot meta contentType: self application contentType.
        anHtmlRoot meta contentScriptType: WAMimeType textJavascript.
        anHtmlRoot htmlAttributes
                at: 'xmlns' put: 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml';
                at: 'xml:lang' put: 'en';
                at: 'lang' put: 'en'.
        anHtmlRoot beXhtml10Strict.
        anHtmlRoot title: 'Seaside'.
        self application libraries
                do: [ :each | each default updateRoot: anHtmlRoot ].
        self session updateRoot: anHtmlRoot

What should I do to fix this?

Many thanks,
Rob

Re: error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

John McKeon
I have run into this before. You need to remove "nil" from the list of libraries for that application.

On Sat, Sep 18, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Rob Withers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://john-mckeon.us

Sounds promising but how do I do that?  I tried inspecting "self application" and it went boom:  WARequestContextNotFound signal

Sounds promising but how do I do that?  I tried inspecting "self application" and it went boom:  WARequestContextNotFound signal

Sorry to be completely obtuse about this but I am a day old beginner.  How can I get to the configuration page for the application?

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:10 AM

>From the configuration page for the application. You should see nil in its list of libraries.

Sounds promising but how do I do that?  I tried inspecting "self application" and it went boom:  WARequestContextNotFound signal

Re: error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

Bob Arning
yourServerAddress/config

then click on the application name in the lefthand column

Cheers,
Bob

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:10 AM

>From the configuration page for the application. You should see nil in its list of libraries.

Sounds promising but how do I do that?  I tried inspecting "self application" and it went boom:  WARequestContextNotFound signal

Re: error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

David Tibbe

Re: error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

Rob Withers-2
That did it!

Thanks,
Rob

Sent: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:10 AM

>From the configuration page for the application. You should see nil in its list of libraries.

Sounds promising but how do I do that?  I tried inspecting "self application" and it went boom:  WARequestContextNotFound signal

Re: error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

Rob Withers-2
Thanks, David, I'll just take it as far as it goes in the meantime.  Up to
chapter 4 so far.

Cheers,
Rob

Re: error when testing the Seaside Tutorial

Rob Withers-2
David,

On second thought I immediately ran into differences when trying to "How to
Configure Your Application" on the First Steps page.  Configuration looks
completely different.   What should I do to add and configure my new
SeasideTutorialRootComponent?

thanks,
Rob