esug 2014 - looking for a late connection to cambridge

esug 2014 - looking for a late connection to cambridge

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am looking for options to book the travel to Cambridge. The only flight the Stansted airport available to me arrives at 23:00. Unfortunately, the latest train leaves Stansted at 23:04 so I cannot make it to that one.

Does anyone know another way to reach Cambridge from Stansted? How much would a cab cost?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: esug 2014 - looking for a late connection to cambridge

jtuchel
Tudor,

you can take a bus from Stansted to Cambridge, but I am afraid it won't leave any later.

There is a relatively cheap hotel near the Stansted airport (was it a Holiday Inn Express), so you could stay there overnight and leave for Cambridge the next morning. This one is probably cheaper and more comfortable than a Cab. OTOH, you can always see if you can book a taxi in advance for a fixed price.

These are the options I've seen when I was planning my trip...

Joachim