example does not work

Roelof
Hello,

I have downloaded version2 on Windows 7.
Now Im following chapter 1 and have to type BouncingAtomsMorph new
openInWorld
and then choose do it.

But instead of seeing bouncing balls I see a message that
BouncingAtomsMorph unknown variable.

How to make it work ?

Roelof

Re: example does not work

philippeback

Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.

Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.

[hidden email] schreef op 29-3-2014 16:36:

> Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.
>
> Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.

Thanks,

Can then also someone tell me how I can load the examples.
I just begin with smalltalk so I have a lot to learn.

Roelof

Re: example does not work

Ben Coman
[hidden email] wrote:

Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.

Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.

Le 29 mars 2014 16:07, "Roelof Wobben" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hello,

I have downloaded version2 on Windows 7.
Now Im following chapter 1 and have to type BouncingAtomsMorph new openInWorld
and then choose do it.

But instead of seeing bouncing balls I see a message that BouncingAtomsMorph unknown variable.

How to make it work ?

Roelof

Hi Roelof,

I presume you mean you "downloaded Pharo 2" and are reading Chapter 1 of Pharo By Example.  Things will go better if you use the Pharo version that was current when PBE was written.
Try...
http://pharobyexample.org/image/PBE-OneClick-1.1.app.zip

cheers -ben

Re: example does not work

Nicolai Hess

Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.

Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/MorphExamplesAndDemos

Install with:

Gofer new
url:'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/MorphExamplesAndDemos/main'
    username: ''
    password: '' ;
    package:'MorphExamplesAndDemos';
    load

Nicolai Hess schreef op 29-3-2014 17:44:

Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.

Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.

http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/MorphExamplesAndDemos

Install with:

Gofer new
url:'http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/PharoExtras/MorphExamplesAndDemos/main'
    username: ''
    password: '' ;
    package:'MorphExamplesAndDemos';
    load

Thanks,

I copied this in a workspace and choose do it,
But nothing seems to be happen.

Roelof

PharoScreenshot.png (62K) Download Attachment

Re: example does not work

Roelof
Thanks, I see what I forget.

I have to learn to select it and then do it.
Maybe for me its better I follow the interactive tutorial first.
As soon as I figured it out how to make it start on 2.0

Roelof

This works form me in Pharo 2:

Pharo4Stef schreef op 29-3-2014 21:12:
do not hesistate to ask questions.
and have fun :)
stef

Thanks,

I can find the interactive tutorial on the help.
But how can I start it on 2.0

Roelof

Re: example does not work

pharo4Stef@free.fr
start with the image with the book :)
because after all the tools are easy to grasp.

Stef

On 29 Mar 2014, at 21:34, Roelof Wobben <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pharo4Stef schreef op 29-3-2014 21:12:
>> do not hesistate to ask questions.
>> and have fun :)
>> stef
>>

> Thanks,
>
> I can find the interactive tutorial on the help.
> But how can I start it on 2.0
>
> Roelof

Re: example does not work

Ben Coman
Roelof Wobben wrote:

> [hidden email] schreef op 29-3-2014 16:36:
>>
>> Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.
>>
>> Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.
>>

> Thanks,
>
> Can then also someone tell me how I can load the examples.
> I just begin with smalltalk so I have a lot to learn.
>
> Roelof

The examples are preloaded in the Pharo By Example image
http://pharobyexample.org/image/PBE-OneClick-1.1.app.zip

cheers -ben

Re: example does not work

Roelof
Ben Coman schreef op 30-3-2014 4:59:

> Roelof Wobben wrote:
>> [hidden email] schreef op 29-3-2014 16:36:
>>>
>>> Get the morph examples in the pharoextras smalltallhub repo.
>>>
>>> Some please point the  correct location as I am on a mobe.
>>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Can then also someone tell me how I can load the examples.
>> I just begin with smalltalk so I have a lot to learn.
>>
>> Roelof
>>

> The examples are preloaded in the Pharo By Example image
> http://pharobyexample.org/image/PBE-OneClick-1.1.app.zip
>
> cheers -ben

I found it. It's very simple.
Just type ProfSteg go in the workarea and choose do it.

Roelof