expanded view of MAToOneRelationDescription

expanded view of MAToOneRelationDescription

Ch Lamprecht
Hello,

playing with Magritte - and with Ramons Blog example
http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/screencast-how-to-build-a-blog-in-15-minutes-with-seaside/
(thanks a lot for that), I have the following problem:
Say I would like to add an instance variable datetime to BlogPost (just an
example - could be any 'composite'). Datetime would hold 'time' and 'date'
attributes and have appropriate descriptions for that on its class side. If I
then add a 'descriptionDatetime' to BlogPost class like:

        ^(MAToOneRelationDescription
             selector: #datetime
                label: 'datetime'
             priority: 20)
                beRequired;
                yourself

I get a delete and an edit button if I show it like so:
  BlogPost new asComponent.
Works fine...
What would I have to do in order to get an 'expanded' view of my datetime
instance?? The only way I found was proxying the accessors and descriptions into
the BlogPost Class...

Thank you, Christoph

Re: expanded view of MAToOneRelationDescription

Philippe Marschall
2008/1/2, Ch Lamprecht <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> playing with Magritte - and with Ramons Blog example
> http://onsmalltalk.com/programming/smalltalk/screencast-how-to-build-a-blog-in-15-minutes-with-seaside/
> (thanks a lot for that), I have the following problem:
> Say I would like to add an instance variable datetime to BlogPost (just an
> example - could be any 'composite'). Datetime would hold 'time' and 'date'
> attributes and have appropriate descriptions for that on its class side. If I
> then add a 'descriptionDatetime' to BlogPost class like:
>
>         ^(MAToOneRelationDescription
>              selector: #datetime
>                 label: 'datetime'
>              priority: 20)
>                 beRequired;
>                 yourself
>
> I get a delete and an edit button if I show it like so:
>   BlogPost new asComponent.
> Works fine...
> What would I have to do in order to get an 'expanded' view of my datetime
> instance?? The only way I found was proxying the accessors and descriptions into
> the BlogPost Class...

       ^MAToOneRelationDescription new
            selectorAccessor: #datetime
            label: 'datetime';
            componentClass: MAInternalEditorComponent;
            priority: 20;
            beRequired;
            yourself

Cheers
Philippe

Philippe Marschall schrieb:
> 2008/1/2, Ch Lamprecht <[hidden email]>:

>> What would I have to do in order to get an 'expanded' view of my datetime
>> instance?? The only way I found was proxying the accessors and descriptions into
>> the BlogPost Class...
>
>        ^MAToOneRelationDescription new
>             selectorAccessor: #datetime ;
>             label: 'datetime';
>             componentClass: MAInternalEditorComponent;
>             priority: 20;
>             beRequired;
>             yourself
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Thanks a lot! - Is there a recommended tutorial for Magritte?

Christoph

Re: expanded view of MAToOneRelationDescription

Ch Lamprecht

> Thanks a lot! - Is there a recommended tutorial for Magritte?

Found everything on:
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/magritte

Sorry for not googling first ;)

Christoph

Re: expanded view of MAToOneRelationDescription

Philippe Marschall
2008/1/2, Ch Lamprecht <[hidden email]>:

> > Thanks a lot! - Is there a recommended tutorial for Magritte?
> >
> Found everything on:
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/magritte

The HPI tutorial now features a section about Magritte too:
http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial

Cheers
Philippe