expanding Pharo window to left and Window positioning

expanding Pharo window to left and Window positioning

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

what rules govern window positioning?

I have a dual monitor setup and and sometimes extend the Pharo window over both of them;
for some reason however World submorphs (all Windows) are locked to the left side, which is what I am dragging, so all the windows move to the secondary screen.

If I expand the right side, then the windows don't move (but they are again on the wrong screen).

Is it possible to change this behavior?

I tried to change World listDirection but it had no effect.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: expanding Pharo window to left and Window positioning

Ben Coman

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

what rules govern window positioning?

I have a dual monitor setup and and sometimes extend the Pharo window over both of them;
for some reason however World submorphs (all Windows) are locked to the left side, which is what I am dragging, so all the windows move to the secondary screen.

If I expand the right side, then the windows don't move (but they are again on the wrong screen).

Which OS are you on?  I don't get this behaviour.
I'm on Linux Debian 8 dual screen (laptop + 24") and even though I don't normally do it, I just tested and have no problem spanning Pharo across both screens, starting on either screen and dragging to the other.

cheers -ben

Is it possible to change this behavior?

I tried to change World listDirection but it had no effect.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: expanding Pharo window to left and Window positioning

stepharong
Peter look at the realEstateAgent logic.
Normally it should be control the window placement.

Stef