exploiting the 2nd processor?

Michele Lanza
Hi,
is there a way in VW to also use the 2nd processor of my MacBookPro?
I have some time-consuming computations going on and seeing that the
machine is occupied only 50% is frustrating..

Thx

M. Lanza

Re: exploiting the 2nd processor?

jarober
Any given image is single threaded.  However:

1) You can thread external API calls, and such calls may (depending
on how the OS arranges things) make use of other CPUs/Cores

2) You can run multiple images.  See this post:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/runarj/blogView?entry=3348279474

for some details on that

At 11:01 AM 3/13/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>is there a way in VW to also use the 2nd processor of my MacBookPro?
>I have some time-consuming computations going on and seeing that the
>machine is occupied only 50% is frustrating..
>
>Thx
>
>M. Lanza

James Robertson, Product Manager, Cincom Smalltalk
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView