export my pages?

sergio_101-2
i have botched my pier image AGAIN.. i sent a message to the seaside
list to see if it's fixable..

but i thought this might be another pier centric way to fix it..

i would like to, through the image, as the web server is broken,
export all my pages to the file system.. then import them back in to a
new clean image..

there are files in there, too.. images and such.. would there still be
correct links to images and files if i just copied the whole files
directory?

thanks!

--
----
peace,

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: export my pages?

Lukas Renggli
> there are files in there, too.. images and such.. would there still be
> correct links to images and files if i just copied the whole files
> directory?

Yes, if you used the importer/exporter as described in my blog post,
which is served from the same server that is currently offline.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: export my pages?

sergio_101-2

> Yes, if you used the importer/exporter as described in my blog post,
> which is served from the same server that is currently offline.

the problem is..

installing scheduler tanked my image..

so now, i can't get into my web browser end of it..

if there was some way i could do this programmatically, that would rock..

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: export my pages?

sergio_101-2

> Yes, if you used the importer/exporter as described in my blog post,
> which is served from the same server that is currently offline.

do you need server space to host you files?

if so, i have a server that i will give you space on.. gratis..

thanks!

--
----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

http://www.CodingForHire.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com
http://www.twitter.com/sergio_101
http://www.facebook.com/sergio101

Re: export my pages?

Lukas Renggli
>> Yes, if you used the importer/exporter as described in my blog post,
>> which is served from the same server that is currently offline.
>>

> the problem is..
>
> installing scheduler tanked my image..
>
> so now, i can't get into my web browser end of it..
>
> if there was some way i could do this programmatically, that would rock..

Have a look at the export widget in another image and see how it
triggers the export (I don't remember off the top of my head).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: export my pages?

Reza Razavi
At 18:09 03/01/2011, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>Have a look at the export widget in another image and see how it
>triggers the export (I don't remember off the top of my head).

The logic in PRExportImportWidget looks like this:

PRKernel instances anyOne exportOn: (RWBinaryOrTextStream on: ByteArray new)

Hoping this helps,
Reza

Re: export my pages?

sergio_101-2

> PRKernel instances anyOne exportOn: (RWBinaryOrTextStream on: ByteArray new)

trying this now..

trying to figure out which kernel to pass to it..

--
----

At 20:39 03/01/2011, you wrote:

> > PRKernel instances anyOne exportOn: (RWBinaryOrTextStream on:
> ByteArray new)
> >

>trying this now..
>
>trying to figure out which kernel to pass to it..

The stream content needs to be saved in a file after the above
export, which does not contain your static resources (the "files"
folder needs to be "exported"/archived manually).

Re: export my pages?

sergio_101-2
> The stream content needs to be saved in a file after the above export, which
> does not contain your static resources (the "files" folder needs to be
> "exported"/archived manually).

right.. this is what i would expect..

BUT..

running this:

kernel := PRKernel instances array at: 1.
export := PRExportImportWidget new.

export export: kernel

WARRequestContextNotFound

i am guessing it has to run in the web?

this is KILLING me..

--
----

At 21:02 03/01/2011, sergio_101 wrote:

>running this:
>
>kernel := PRKernel instances array at: 1.
>export := PRExportImportWidget new.
>
>export export: kernel
>
>WARRequestContextNotFound
>
>i am guessing it has to run in the web?

Yes. Why not just executing your code snippet in a workspace..