failing tests

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

A ton of tests are still failing due to the issue of Collection>>union:. Most of these issues seem to come from the metrics that seem to overuse this functionality:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

It would be great if the authors would look over it.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

Re: failing tests

Tudor Girba-2
I fixed the problems related to allRecursiveTypes. However, there are still several usages of union: in the KGB API. I would be so happy if we would take the opportunity to simply remove most of this API and use Chef instead.

Anyone interested? :)

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: failing tests

abergel
I am not sure how I can help. Produce a new jenkins version and I will look at the history of allRecursiveTypes to understand better.

Alexandre

On 18 Mar 2012, at 16:59, Tudor Girba wrote:

> I fixed the problems related to allRecursiveTypes. However, there are still several usages of union: in the KGB API. I would be so happy if we would take the opportunity to simply remove most of this API and use Chef instead.
>
> Anyone interested? :)
>
> Doru
>

> On 18 Mar 2012, at 20:41, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A ton of tests are still failing due to the issue of Collection>>union:. Most of these issues seem to come from the metrics that seem to overuse this functionality:
>> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>>
>> It would be great if the authors would look over it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Live like you mean it."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: failing tests

On Mar 18, 2012, at 9:59 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> I fixed the problems related to allRecursiveTypes. However, there are still several usages of union: in the KGB API. I would be so happy if we would take the opportunity to simply remove most of this API and use Chef instead.
Yes

> Anyone interested? :)

I'm more than full.
2 days of meetings a week for 3 weeks :(
Not counting travel.

> Doru
>

> On 18 Mar 2012, at 20:41, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A ton of tests are still failing due to the issue of Collection>>union:. Most of these issues seem to come from the metrics that seem to overuse this functionality:
>> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>>
>> It would be great if the authors would look over it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Live like you mean it."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: failing tests

abergel
Thanks! I checked the implementation of allRecursiveTypes
It went from

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FAMIXType>>allRecursiveTypes
        "Retrieves all types recursively"

        ^ self types union: (self types flatCollect: [:each | each allRecursiveTypes]).
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FAMIXType>>allRecursiveTypes
        "Retrieves all nested types recursively (including directly nested types and those nested in methods)"

        | result |
        result := Set new.
        self allRecursiveTypesDo: [:each | result add: each ].
        ^ result
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I am a bit puzzled. How comes that a new version of #union: break down so many tests.
#union: is a simple operation.

Refactoring what is already existing. How should I refactor:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
FAMIXType>>providerNamespaces
        "returns a set of all the namespaces that the receiver depends on (they include some classes that the receiver inherites, staticly accesses, or uses some of their methods)"
        ^ self inheritedNamespaces union: self invokedNamespaces
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I have the impression that we are bumping into something we should not have bumped into.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 18 Mar 2012, at 16:59, Tudor Girba wrote:

> I fixed the problems related to allRecursiveTypes. However, there are still several usages of union: in the KGB API. I would be so happy if we would take the opportunity to simply remove most of this API and use Chef instead.
>
> Anyone interested? :)
>
> Doru
>

> On 18 Mar 2012, at 20:41, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> A ton of tests are still failing due to the issue of Collection>>union:. Most of these issues seem to come from the metrics that seem to overuse this functionality:
>> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/
>>
>> It would be great if the authors would look over it.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Live like you mean it."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: failing tests

Stéphane Ducasse

On Mar 18, 2012, at 10:08 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> I am a bit puzzled. How comes that a new version of #union: break down so many tests.
> #union: is a simple operation.

Yes I would like to know it too.
Do you have one single case that we can understand?

Re: failing tests

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The problem is that the new implementation of union: and intersection: makes reference to class directly. Instead, they should use species.

I opened a an issue:

and created the corresponding slice:
Name: SLICE-Issue-5523-Collection-union-and-intersection-should-use-species-TudorGirba.1
Author: TudorGirba
Time: 20 March 2012, 7:25:55 am
UUID: b3944736-b2d8-4c30-ad24-3c39c2a18cf9
Ancestors:
Dependencies: Collections-Abstract-TudorGirba.158

use species instead of class for Collection>>union: and intersection:

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 Mar 2012, at 20:10, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2012, at 10:08 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>> I am a bit puzzled. How comes that a new version of #union: break down so many tests.
>> #union: is a simple operation.
>
> Yes I would like to know it too.
> Do you have one single case that we can understand?
>
> Stef

www.tudorgirba.com

If you can't say why something is relevant,
it probably isn't.

Re: [Pharo-project] failing tests

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks good catch!