fancier tab morph

Tudor Girba
Hi,

In the context of Glamour, I worked on a Morphic tab widget a bit more and here is the status (see the screenshots for some examples):
- it computes the pages lazily only when you want to first show the page
- it provides the possibility of closing the tab
- it offers the possibility of rendering a toolbar for each page displayed to the right of the pages.

If you want to play with them, you can:
- download the latest moose image:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip

- execute the following to get an example of closable tabs:
GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42

- execute the following to get an example of tabs with different toolbars attached (to the right):
GLMBasicExamples new tabsWithDifferentActions openOn: 42

There are still a couple of issues left:
- When the title of a tab is too large, it pushes the bounds of the pane beyond what is visible.
- Also, when we have multiple tabs, they again go overboard.
- Similar things happen with the toolbar.

However, the good news is that Gary is looking into this :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."

ClosableTab.png (26K) Download Attachment
TabWithActions.png (16K) Download Attachment

Re: fancier tab morph

Stéphane Ducasse
Doru what about integrating it in 1.3?

Stef

On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:34 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the context of Glamour, I worked on a Morphic tab widget a bit more and here is the status (see the screenshots for some examples):
> - it computes the pages lazily only when you want to first show the page
> - it provides the possibility of closing the tab
> - it offers the possibility of rendering a toolbar for each page displayed to the right of the pages.
>
> If you want to play with them, you can:
> - download the latest moose image:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
>
> - execute the following to get an example of closable tabs:
> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>
> - execute the following to get an example of tabs with different toolbars attached (to the right):
> GLMBasicExamples new tabsWithDifferentActions openOn: 42
>

> There are still a couple of issues left:
> - When the title of a tab is too large, it pushes the bounds of the pane beyond what is visible.
> - Also, when we have multiple tabs, they again go overboard.
> - Similar things happen with the toolbar.
>
> However, the good news is that Gary is looking into this :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."
>
> <ClosableTab.png><TabWithActions.png>

Re: fancier tab morph

Tudor Girba
This would be the idea. Gary has reviewed it briefly and said that it looks Ok and we should integrate it in the TabMorph (right now I use subclassing).

Gary said that he will take a closer look at it soon.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Apr 2011, at 09:25, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Doru what about integrating it in 1.3?
>
> Stef
>
> On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:34 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the context of Glamour, I worked on a Morphic tab widget a bit more and here is the status (see the screenshots for some examples):
>> - it computes the pages lazily only when you want to first show the page
>> - it provides the possibility of closing the tab
>> - it offers the possibility of rendering a toolbar for each page displayed to the right of the pages.
>>
>> If you want to play with them, you can:
>> - download the latest moose image:
>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
>>
>> - execute the following to get an example of closable tabs:
>> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>>
>> - execute the following to get an example of tabs with different toolbars attached (to the right):
>> GLMBasicExamples new tabsWithDifferentActions openOn: 42
>>

>> There are still a couple of issues left:
>> - When the title of a tab is too large, it pushes the bounds of the pane beyond what is visible.
>> - Also, when we have multiple tabs, they again go overboard.
>> - Similar things happen with the toolbar.
>>
>> However, the good news is that Gary is looking into this :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."
>>
>> <ClosableTab.png><TabWithActions.png>

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: fancier tab morph

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent
I like the idea that the widgets gradually improves (as all the other parts of the system).

Stef

On Apr 2, 2011, at 9:30 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> This would be the idea. Gary has reviewed it briefly and said that it looks Ok and we should integrate it in the TabMorph (right now I use subclassing).
>
> Gary said that he will take a closer look at it soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 2 Apr 2011, at 09:25, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Doru what about integrating it in 1.3?
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:34 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the context of Glamour, I worked on a Morphic tab widget a bit more and here is the status (see the screenshots for some examples):
>>> - it computes the pages lazily only when you want to first show the page
>>> - it provides the possibility of closing the tab
>>> - it offers the possibility of rendering a toolbar for each page displayed to the right of the pages.
>>>
>>> If you want to play with them, you can:
>>> - download the latest moose image:
>>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
>>>
>>> - execute the following to get an example of closable tabs:
>>> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>>>
>>> - execute the following to get an example of tabs with different toolbars attached (to the right):
>>> GLMBasicExamples new tabsWithDifferentActions openOn: 42
>>>

>>> There are still a couple of issues left:
>>> - When the title of a tab is too large, it pushes the bounds of the pane beyond what is visible.
>>> - Also, when we have multiple tabs, they again go overboard.
>>> - Similar things happen with the toolbar.
>>>
>>> However, the good news is that Gary is looking into this :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen. They both matter."
>>>
>>> <ClosableTab.png><TabWithActions.png>
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Presenting is storytelling."

Re: fancier tab morph

Gary Chambers-4
When time allows...

Regards, Gary

This would be the idea. Gary has reviewed it briefly and said that it looks
Ok and we should integrate it in the TabMorph (right now I use subclassing).

Gary said that he will take a closer look at it soon.

Cheers,
Doru

On 2 Apr 2011, at 09:25, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Doru what about integrating it in 1.3?
>
> Stef
>
> On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:34 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In the context of Glamour, I worked on a Morphic tab widget a bit more
>> and here is the status (see the screenshots for some examples):
>> - it computes the pages lazily only when you want to first show the page
>> - it provides the possibility of closing the tab
>> - it offers the possibility of rendering a toolbar for each page
>> displayed to the right of the pages.
>>
>> If you want to play with them, you can:
>> - download the latest moose image:
>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
>>
>> - execute the following to get an example of closable tabs:
>> GLMBasicExamples new accumulator openOn: 42
>>
>> - execute the following to get an example of tabs with different toolbars
>> attached (to the right):
>> GLMBasicExamples new tabsWithDifferentActions openOn: 42
>>

>> There are still a couple of issues left:
>> - When the title of a tab is too large, it pushes the bounds of the pane
>> beyond what is visible.
>> - Also, when we have multiple tabs, they again go overboard.
>> - Similar things happen with the toolbar.
>>
>> However, the good news is that Gary is looking into this :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Relationships are of two kinds: those we choose and those that happen.
>> They both matter."
>>
>> <ClosableTab.png><TabWithActions.png>

--
www.tudorgirba.com