feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Torsten Bergmann
Henry wrote:
> Personally, being used to VisualWorks, I always get bitten by having to >select the entire selector for implementors/senders... :)

+1

Another thing that is related to the above and to the different browsers:

In Core: When I select a method I can choose "Senders of..."
         and "Implementors of..." to either search for senders/implementors
         of the selected method AND the messages sent into the selected
         method.

In Pharo: with OB I can just do "senders" and "implementors"
          which looks for the senders/implementors of the selected method
          One is NOT able to search for senders/implementors of
          the messages sent within the selected method.
          Here I have to select the entire selector which is
          time consuming as described above.

So Pharo with OB is (compared to core) really a step backwards here.

Re: feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jul 6, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Henry wrote:
>> Personally, being used to VisualWorks, I always get bitten by having to >select the entire selector for implementors/senders... :)
>
> +1

enter a bug entry to describe what should be done.

> Another thing that is related to the above and to the different browsers:
>
> In Core: When I select a method I can choose "Senders of..."
>         and "Implementors of..." to either search for senders/implementors
>         of the selected method AND the messages sent into the selected
>         method.
>
> In Pharo: with OB I can just do "senders" and "implementors"
>          which looks for the senders/implementors of the selected method
>          One is NOT able to search for senders/implementors of
>          the messages sent within the selected method.
>          Here I have to select the entire selector which is
>          time consuming as described above.

enter a bug entry.

> So Pharo with OB is (compared to core) really a step backwards here.

I imagine that the enh I did also to get Cmd-M on class name browsing the class and Cmd-B on
selectors do an implementors should also be pushed in OB.

Re: feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Lukas Renggli
>> Another thing that is related to the above and to the different browsers:
>>
>> In Core: When I select a method I can choose "Senders of..."
>>         and "Implementors of..." to either search for senders/implementors
>>         of the selected method AND the messages sent into the selected
>>         method.
>>
>> In Pharo: with OB I can just do "senders" and "implementors"
>>          which looks for the senders/implementors of the selected method
>>          One is NOT able to search for senders/implementors of
>>          the messages sent within the selected method.
>>          Here I have to select the entire selector which is
>>          time consuming as described above.
>
> enter a bug entry.

This was removed on request of Stef and I completely agree on this:
for me it is time consuming to be forced to search for the selector in
a sorted list when the selector is written/selected right in front of
me.

>> So Pharo with OB is (compared to core) really a step backwards here.
>
> I imagine that the enh I did also to get Cmd-M on class name browsing the class and Cmd-B on
> selectors do an implementors should also be pushed in OB.

The Cmd-B was always part of OB, I've done the same for Cmd-M. Also I
updated the edit pane menu to match the one of the standard browser.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Stéphane Ducasse
cool