feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Torsten Bergmann
>This was removed on request of Stef and I completely agree on this:
>for me it is time consuming to be forced to search for the selector in
>a sorted list when the selector is written/selected right in front of
>me.

Maybe I dont understand what you wrote - but if I understand you
correctly OB had the same behavior as in Core and this was removed
from OB on request of Stef?

Again: when I have a method

       foo
         self sendMessage: myMessage with: text.
         self sendSecondMessage: myMessage.

A) In Core: I'm able to browse the senders/implementors of all
           three selectors using the sorted list provided by the
           "Senders of..."/"Implementors of..." menu:

                #(foo, sendMessage:with:, sendSecondMessage:)

           where the methods selector (#foo) of the selected method
           is explicitly at the top.

B) In Pharo (with OB): I can only check the senders/implementors
              of #foo which is limiting and makes it hard to search
              for s/i of the other messages sent from within the
              method body.

=> So I'm limited with Pharo(OB) compared to Standard browser in Core.

Bye
T.

Re: feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Lukas Renggli
> Again: when I have a method
>
>       foo
>         self sendMessage: myMessage with: text.
>         self sendSecondMessage: myMessage.
>
> B) In Pharo (with OB): I can only check the senders/implementors
>              of #foo which is limiting and makes it hard to search
>              for s/i of the other messages sent from within the
>              method body.
>
> => So I'm limited with Pharo(OB) compared to Standard browser in Core.

In OB you select (in the list or in the source code) whatever you want
to browse/references/implementors/senders of. There are no additional
pop-ups or questions.

And please Torsten could you *finally* fix your e-mail client/account?
You are the only one in the whole Smalltalk world that constantly
messes up the mail threading.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: feedup of selecting doit or typing " above and below expressions in comments?

Eliot Miranda-2

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:45 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Again: when I have a method
>
>       foo
>         self sendMessage: myMessage with: text.
>         self sendSecondMessage: myMessage.
>
> B) In Pharo (with OB): I can only check the senders/implementors
>              of #foo which is limiting and makes it hard to search
>              for s/i of the other messages sent from within the
>              method body.
>
> => So I'm limited with Pharo(OB) compared to Standard browser in Core.

In OB you select (in the list or in the source code) whatever you want
to browse/references/implementors/senders of. There are no additional
pop-ups or questions.

And please Torsten could you *finally* fix your e-mail client/account?
You are the only one in the whole Smalltalk world that constantly
messes up the mail threading.

+1 :)

Lukas

--