fileUpload and css

Marco Leberfing
Hi all,

how to style the fileUpload/WAFileUploadTag? Has anybody a css example?
Or does a more comfortable version of a fileUpload exist?

Thanks
Marco

Re: fileUpload and css

Philippe Marschall
2008/5/29, Marco Leberfing <[hidden email]>:
> Hi all,
>
>  how to style the fileUpload/WAFileUploadTag? Has anybody a css example?
>  Or does a more comfortable version of a fileUpload exist?

The same way you apply a CSS style sheet to any other element. Note
however that file uploads are special and can only really be styled
with IE. This like many other things is HTML and not Seaside related.

Cheers
Philippe

Contacting www.seaside.st

Carl Gundel
Who maintains the site at http://www.seaside.st ??  I could not find a
contact link there.  I'd like to get Run BASIC listed there as a
success story if possible.

-Carl Gundel
Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
Easy Web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

Re: Contacting www.seaside.st

Lukas Renggli
> Who maintains the site at http://www.seaside.st ??  I could not find a
> contact link there.  I'd like to get Run BASIC listed there as a success
> story if possible.

The mailing-list is the contact.

Post a few lines describing your service, maybe with a couple of
screenshots to the list and we will integrate them as soon as
possible.

Cheers,
Lukas

>  -Carl Gundel
>  Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>  Easy Web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Seaside success story Re: Contacting www.seaside.st

Carl Gundel
On May 29, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Who maintains the site at http://www.seaside.st ??  I could not
>> find a
>> contact link there.  I'd like to get Run BASIC listed there as a
>> success
>> story if possible.
>
> The mailing-list is the contact.
>
> Post a few lines describing your service, maybe with a couple of
> screenshots to the list and we will integrate them as soon as
> possible.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

Thanks Lukas.  I've added a description below.  Let me know if it's
too long.

Two screenshots:

Editing source code for a wiki app
   http://www.libertybasic.com/editingshot.png

Running the wiki
   http://www.libertybasic.com/wikishot.png

-Carl

Run BASIC

Run BASIC is an all-in-one web appserver built on top of Seaside that
makes it easy to create web applications using a version of the BASIC
programming language.  Web applications are not built the way they are
using CGI and scripting languages, but instead coding is done in a
desktop development metaphor.  Write your code and test it right in
the browser and deploy it with a click.  The programmer is freed from
managing state and dealing with sessions.  Objects are included for
widgets, drawing graphics, parsing XML and executing SQL.  Users can
also make their own objects.

Run BASIC can be purchased as a standalone server and we also offer
affordable hosting services.

http://www.runbasic.com  - Main web site
http://www.runbasicnet.com - Run BASIC hosting

Re: Seaside success story Re: Contacting www.seaside.st

Lukas Renggli
Thanks, I added it. I removed the sentences that described standard
features of Seaside. We have to pay attention that all descriptions
have about the same length.

Cheers,
Lukas

On 6/6/08, Carl Gundel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 29, 2008, at 1:46 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>

> > > Who maintains the site at http://www.seaside.st ??  I could not find a
> > > contact link there.  I'd like to get Run BASIC listed there as a success
> > > story if possible.
> > >

> > The mailing-list is the contact.
> >
> > Post a few lines describing your service, maybe with a couple of
> > screenshots to the list and we will integrate them as soon as
> > possible.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Lukas
> >

>  Thanks Lukas.  I've added a description below.  Let me know if it's too
> long.
>
>  Two screenshots:
>
>  Editing source code for a wiki app
>   http://www.libertybasic.com/editingshot.png
>
>  Running the wiki
>   http://www.libertybasic.com/wikishot.png
>
>  -Carl
>
>  Run BASIC
>
>  Run BASIC is an all-in-one web appserver built on top of Seaside that makes
> it easy to create web applications using a version of the BASIC programming
> language.  Web applications are not built the way they are using CGI and
> scripting languages, but instead coding is done in a desktop development
> metaphor.  Write your code and test it right in the browser and deploy it
> with a click.  The programmer is freed from managing state and dealing with
> sessions.  Objects are included for widgets, drawing graphics, parsing XML
> and executing SQL.  Users can also make their own objects.
>
>  Run BASIC can be purchased as a standalone server and we also offer
> affordable hosting services.
>
>  http://www.runbasic.com  - Main web site
>  http://www.runbasicnet.com - Run BASIC hosting

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside success story Re: Contacting www.seaside.st

Carl Gundel
Thanks.  Just one screenshot? ;-)

-Carl Gundel
Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com

> Thanks, I added it. I removed the sentences that described standard
> features of Seaside. We have to pay attention that all descriptions
> have about the same length.
>
> Cheers,
> Lukas

>> > The mailing-list is the contact.
>> >
>> > Post a few lines describing your service, maybe with a couple of
>> > screenshots to the list and we will integrate them as soon as
>> > possible.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Lukas
>> >

>>  Thanks Lukas.  I've added a description below.  Let me know if it's too
>> long.
>>
>>  Two screenshots:
>>
>>  Editing source code for a wiki app
>>   http://www.libertybasic.com/editingshot.png
>>
>>  Running the wiki
>>   http://www.libertybasic.com/wikishot.png
>>
>>  -Carl
>>
>>  Run BASIC
>>
>>  Run BASIC is an all-in-one web appserver built on top of Seaside that
>> makes
>> it easy to create web applications using a version of the BASIC
>> programming
>> language.  Web applications are not built the way they are using CGI and
>> scripting languages, but instead coding is done in a desktop development
>> metaphor.  Write your code and test it right in the browser and deploy it
>> with a click.  The programmer is freed from managing state and dealing
>> with
>> sessions.  Objects are included for widgets, drawing graphics, parsing
>> XML
>> and executing SQL.  Users can also make their own objects.
>>
>>  Run BASIC can be purchased as a standalone server and we also offer
>> affordable hosting services.
>>
>>  http://www.runbasic.com  - Main web site
>>  http://www.runbasicnet.com - Run BASIC hosting

> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Seaside success story Re: Contacting www.seaside.st

Lukas Renggli
> Thanks.  Just one screenshot? ;-)

Sorry, I missed the other one.

Added.

Cheers,
Lukas

>  -Carl Gundel
>  Easy Windows programming - http://www.libertybasic.com
>  Easy web programming - http://www.runbasic.com
>
>  ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lukas Renggli" <[hidden email]>

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Using the EditArea Javascript library

Carl Gundel
I'm trying to use the EditArea Javascript code editor (check it out at http://www.cdolivet.net/editarea)
  but it's not clear at all to me how to write the Seaside code to
make it work.

Here is the example used in the documentation to show how the control
is placed into a page.  Any recommendations?

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

<head>
<title>EditArea Test</title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/editarea/
edit_area/edit_area_full.js"></script>
editAreaLoader.init({
        id : "textarea_1" // textarea id
        ,syntax: "css" // syntax to be uses for highgliting
        ,start_highlight: true // to display with highlight mode on start-up
});
</script>
</head>
<form method="post">
        <textarea id="textarea_1" name="content" cols="80" rows="15">
/*This is some css that will be editable with EditArea.*/
body, html{
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        height: 100%;
        border: none;
        overflow: hidden;
}</textarea>

</form>

RE: Using the EditArea Javascript library

Sebastian Sastre-2
Carl,

        if so, then you can't evade to figure out how to use the Seaside
Scriptaculous way to serialize objects to javascript. Start understanding that
part.

        The Scriptaculous package which cames with Seaside does more than
allowing you to access Scriptaculous features. As side note that's why I insist
it was a poor naming. In fact it is a way to make smalltalk objects serializable
to javascript. So that package does that *and* has mapped access to Prototye and
Scriptaculous javascript libraries. But you can use it for any piece of
javascript.

        We are using it to map jQuery library and some plugins for it which are
extensions already in use. You can take a look to them to have an idea. They are
at squeaksource jQuery project.

Cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

2008/6/7, Carl Gundel <[hidden email]>:
> I'm trying to use the EditArea Javascript code editor (check it out at
> http://www.cdolivet.net/editarea) but it's not clear at all
> to me how to write the Seaside code to make it work.
>
>  Here is the example used in the documentation to show how the control is
> placed into a page.  Any recommendations?

Pretty standard stuff:

updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
    super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
    anHtmlRoot javascript url: '/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_full.js'.
    anHtmlRoot javascript add: 'editAreaLoader.init({id :
"textarea_1",syntax: "css" ,start_highlight: true});'

renderContentOn: html
    html form: [
        html textArea .... ]

I'm not sure whether the second JavaScript really works. Do not even
think about running this with anything but Firebug.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Using the EditArea Javascript library

James Robertson-7
Phillippe,

        What you sketch out below is the correct way to add in arbitrary
Javascript in Seaside?  I'm giving a beginners tutorial at Smalltalk
Solutions, so I want to be accurate.

Thanks!

James Robertson
Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library

2008/6/8, James Robertson <[hidden email]>:
> Phillippe,
>
>         What you sketch out below is the correct way to add in arbitrary
> Javascript in Seaside?  I'm giving a beginners tutorial at Smalltalk
> Solutions, so I want to be accurate.

No, how to integrate a JavaScript library depends on the library.
Especially when and how to run initialization code is different for
each library.

The example I gave just translates the editarea instructions to Seaside.

The imperative of using Firebug is universal however.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Using the EditArea Javascript library

James Robertson-7
Not the specific init - The use of #updateRoot:

On Jun 8, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2008/6/8, James Robertson <[hidden email]>:
>> Phillippe,
>>
>>        What you sketch out below is the correct way to add in
>> arbitrary
>> Javascript in Seaside?  I'm giving a beginners tutorial at Smalltalk
>> Solutions, so I want to be accurate.
>
> No, how to integrate a JavaScript library depends on the library.
> Especially when and how to run initialization code is different for
> each library.
>
> The example I gave just translates the editarea instructions to
> Seaside.
>
> The imperative of using Firebug is universal however.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: Using the EditArea Javascript library

Philippe Marschall
Oh yes, in fact it's the only way to add something to the
<head>-section of the HTML document.

Cheers
Philippe

2008/6/8, James Robertson <[hidden email]>:

> Not the specific init - The use of #updateRoot:
>

>  James Robertson
>  Cincom Smalltalk Product Evangelist
>  http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/blog/blogView
>  Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library
>

>  On Jun 8, 2008, at 10:48 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>

> > 2008/6/8, James Robertson <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > > Phillippe,
> > >
> > >       What you sketch out below is the correct way to add in arbitrary
> > > Javascript in Seaside?  I'm giving a beginners tutorial at Smalltalk
> > > Solutions, so I want to be accurate.
> > >

> > No, how to integrate a JavaScript library depends on the library.
> > Especially when and how to run initialization code is different for
> > each library.
> >
> > The example I gave just translates the editarea instructions to Seaside.
> >
> > The imperative of using Firebug is universal however.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Philippe

Re: Using the EditArea Javascript library

Carl Gundel
On Jun 8, 2008, at 6:15 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

>    anHtmlRoot javascript url: '/editarea/edit_area/edit_area_full.js'.
>    anHtmlRoot javascript add: 'editAreaLoader.init({id :
> "textarea_1",syntax: "css" ,start_highlight: true});'

Thanks so much.  It worked!