files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Martin McClure-2
I'm getting 503 errors on attempts to contact both sites -- is this a
known issue?

Regards,

-Martin

Re: files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Dennis Schetinin
+1

--

Best regards,

Dennis Schetinin

On 05/23/2018 11:57 AM, Martin McClure wrote:
> I'm getting 503 errors on attempts to contact both sites -- is this a
> known issue?
Looks like it's back (at least I was able to download).
-Martin

Re: files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Marcus Denker-4

> On 23 May 2018, at 21:20, Martin McClure <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 05/23/2018 11:57 AM, Martin McClure wrote:
>> I'm getting 503 errors on attempts to contact both sites -- is this a known issue?

no, this is a commercial Hoster where we do not administer the servers.

We did that to have more stable service, but it seems that this hoster has lots of problems.

We need to think about finding another.

This is very unfortunate.

> Looks like it's back (at least I was able to download).

good… but it seems to be too unstable for our use in general. We need to move…

        Marcus

Re: files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Marcus Denker-4 wrote
> We need to think about finding another.

I've had success with https://www.siteground.com/ and
http://www.namecheap.com for personal hosting, but can't say about bulk
downloading…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Marcus Denker-4

> On 24 May 2018, at 14:19, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Marcus Denker-4 wrote
>> We need to think about finding another.
>
> I've had success with https://www.siteground.com/ and
> http://www.namecheap.com for personal hosting, but can't say about bulk
> downloading…

we use OVH, it is a web hosting contract. Maybe we need to use something more expensive
(e.g. machine with certain bandwidth).

        Marcus

Re: files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Paul DeBruicker
If it is a static site you can use this to manage it and host it on S3

https://github.com/laurilehmijoki/s3_website

This is S3 pricing:

https://aws.amazon.com/s3/pricing/

& calculator

http://calculator.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

Marcus Denker-4 wrote
>> On 24 May 2018, at 14:19, Sean P. DeNigris &lt;

> sean@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> Marcus Denker-4 wrote
>>> We need to think about finding another.
>>
>> I've had success with https://www.siteground.com/ and
>> http://www.namecheap.com for personal hosting, but can't say about bulk
>> downloading…
>>

> we use OVH, it is a web hosting contract. Maybe we need to use something
> more expensive
> (e.g. machine with certain bandwidth).
>
> Marcus

Re: files.pharo.org, get.pharo.org problems?

Tim Mackinnon

S3 is a great suggestion - but if we are part of google summer of code and an active open source platform - can’t they give a free reliable platform? Possibly amazon does similar?

Given we are often the source of so many formative ideas, can’t someone will help us sort the infrastructure?

If not, should one of us ask Martin Fowler or other Smalltalk advocates to help take this funding problem away. We need to pay engineers for the next generation of improvements?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone