final version of pharo syntax cheat page

final version of pharo syntax cheat page

stepharo
Hi

I will publish it to the pharo file server as soon as I understand how :)

Stef

pharoCheatSheet.pdf (760K) Download Attachment

Re: final version of pharo syntax cheat page

Nicolai Hess-3-2

Hi

I will publish it to the pharo file server as soon as I understand how :)

Stef

1. the pharo logo is not anymore the one we are using in the image or on the web side.
2. thank you Stef !

Re: final version of pharo syntax cheat page

John Pfersich
Under Methods, you might want to change it to this:

Methods are public and virtual. They are always looked up in the class of the receiver. By default a method returns self. Class methods follow the same dynamic lookup as instance methods. Method factorial defined in class Integer.

Sent from my iPad

Stef
<pharoCheatSheet.pdf>

http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf

Le 18/4/16 09:15, Nicolai Hess a écrit :

Hi

I will publish it to the pharo file server as soon as I understand how :)

Stef

1. the pharo logo is not anymore the one we are using in the image or on the web side.
Yes will fix it later

2. thank you Stef !

Re: final version of pharo syntax cheat page

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Great job!!

A few small things:
Typo: "Less is more: No type declarations, no primitive objects,no generic types, no modifiers, no operators, no inner classes, no constructors, and no static methods.***There*** are not needed!". There -> They
A bit opaque: "The character a and a space". We're showing how to instantiate characters. The specific characters are coincidental and obvious. I would change to "two ways to make a character"
Awkward: I think "Messag***es*** syntax mimics natural languages" should be "Message syntax..."
Cheers,
Sean

Re: final version of pharo syntax cheat page

Peter Kenny
I agree - very good! One more tiny change: "Class methods follow the same dynamic lookup *as* instance methods."

Also, under 'Message Precedence', I did not at first follow the sentence: " Messages + and * are sent first, then between: and: is sent, and not."  Perhaps "then not" or "and then not" would be clearer.

Peter Kenny

Re: final version of pharo syntax cheat page

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Thanks for this. Some suggestions: I would change "Questions" for
"Questions/Chat" to point to the slack place, because with only
"Questions" I would expect more something like a Q&A site like
StackExchange.

By the way, as a future wish, would be nice to have something like
http://chat.pharo.org as an alias to https://pharoproject.slack.com/ and
maybe also http://blog.pharo.org as an alias to
http://pharoweekly.wordpress.com, it makes addresses more easy to remember.

Cheers,

Offray

On 18/04/16 01:54, stepharo wrote:
> Hi
>
> I will publish it to the pharo file server as soon as I understand how :)
>
> Stef

Re: final version of pharo syntax cheat page

stepharo
Thank you all for the great feedback you gave me.

http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf