finder questions

Stéphane Ducasse
I have a package with classes and I want to get all the subclasses of all the classes in this packages.
How can I do that?

As a general remark: To me the navigation is not there. For example in the visualization we cannot annotate, query, select
connected entities. Even codecrawler was better to select. Now we have some visualisation
but they give the feeling that they are just there because they are cool.

Re: finder questions

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a package with classes and I want to get all the subclasses of all the classes in this packages.
How can I do that?

Here is how:
- Select the package.
- Switch to the workspace ([|] icon)
- type "self allClasses flatCollect: #subclassHierarchy"
- select and press Cmd+o

As a general remark: To me the navigation is not there. For example in the visualization we cannot annotate, query, select
connected entities. Even codecrawler was better to select. Now we have some visualisation
but they give the feeling that they are just there because they are cool.

Please let's get constructive. Tell us what is it that you want to achieve and then we see if it is possible and see what does not work.

Cheers,
Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: finder questions

Stéphane Ducasse

On Dec 7, 2013, at 9:20 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have a package with classes and I want to get all the subclasses of all the classes in this packages.
How can I do that?

Here is how:
- Select the package.
- Switch to the workspace ([|] icon)
- type "self allClasses flatCollect: #subclassHierarchy"
- select and press Cmd+o

Thanks I found that
May be the result should be wrapped with asMooseGroup

As a general remark: To me the navigation is not there. For example in the visualization we cannot annotate, query, select
connected entities. Even codecrawler was better to select. Now we have some visualisation
but they give the feeling that they are just there because they are cool.

Please let's get constructive. Tell us what is it that you want to achieve and then we see if it is possible and see what does not work.

Here is a simple scenario
I arrive to a package I have no clue
I look at the visualzation then I wanted to know if the class in this package where important
so I want to know how many subclasses they have and it would be good to have
extra navigation like
- all subclasses
- all * something in a menu.

I noticed that in general the visuazlaition that we see do not support selection, changing color, marking.
So they are nice static not queriable pictures. No more.
And to me this is sad. I will see if I find a student willing to help there because I feel like someone cut my fingers.

Doru

"Every thing has its own flow"