first MOOC about OOP with Smalltalk and Seaside?

jb

first MOOC about OOP with Smalltalk and Seaside?

jb
Dear Smalltalkers!

There is an initiative for funding the development of massive open online courses (moocs) by the "Stifterverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft"" (http://www.stifterverband.info/ueber_den_stifterverband/english/index.html).
You can get information about a running competition (MOOC PRODUCTION FELLOWSHIP) here: https://moocfellowship.org.
Following the link https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an
YOU CAN VOTE for the course offered by me resp. the NORDAKADEMIE (www.nordakademie.de). For voting you have to register by Facebook or email only.

The MOOC we want to build will be based on a blended learning course we have been pursuing as a first year programming course under the headline "object oriented development of web applications" since a couple of years. During this class the students learn object oriented programming from the beginning using Smalltalk and Seaside.

Since the material of our blended learning course is in German the first version of the projected MOOC will be in German, too. Getting one of the awards should offer the possibility to build an English version later on.

I would be delighted if you could adjust our Smalltalk-MOOC project by voting for the course

https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an

Thank you very much

Johannes Brauer

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Johannes Brauer
Dean of Computer Science Departement
Tel.: 04121 409030
Fax.: 04121 409040
e-mail: [hidden email]
e-mal priv.: [hidden email]

________________________________

Staatlich anerkannte private Fachhochschule
NORDAKADEMIE
Gemeinnützige Aktiengesellschaft
Köllner Chaussee 11
25337 Elmshorn

Vorstand:
Prof. Dr. Georg Plate (Vorsitzender), Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Meier (stellv. Vorstand)

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. h.c. Hans-Heinrich Bruns

Sitz:
Elmshorn, Amtsgericht Pinneberg, HRB 1682

Re: [Esug-list] first MOOC about OOP with Smalltalk and Seaside?

SergeStinckwich
On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Johannes Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Smalltalkers!
>
> There is an initiative for funding the development of massive open online courses (moocs) by the "Stifterverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft"" (http://www.stifterverband.info/ueber_den_stifterverband/english/index.html).
> You can get information about a running competition (MOOC PRODUCTION FELLOWSHIP) here: https://moocfellowship.org.
> Following the link https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an
> YOU CAN VOTE for the course offered by me resp. the NORDAKADEMIE (www.nordakademie.de). For voting you have to register by Facebook or email only.
>
> The MOOC we want to build will be based on a blended learning course we have been pursuing as a first year programming course under the headline "object oriented development of web applications" since a couple of years. During this class the students learn object oriented programming from the beginning using Smalltalk and Seaside.
>
> Since the material of our blended learning course is in German the first version of the projected MOOC will be in German, too. Getting one of the awards should offer the possibility to build an English version later on.
>
> I would be delighted if you could adjust our Smalltalk-MOOC project by voting for the course
>
> https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an

Interesting !

Do you plan to use Seaside for implementing your MOOC ?

Maybe you should ask ESUG for some support for your work.

Regards,
--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)

jb

Am 05.05.2013 um 21:38 schrieb Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]>:

> On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Johannes Brauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Smalltalkers!
>>
>> There is an initiative for funding the development of massive open online courses (moocs) by the "Stifterverband für die deutsche Wissenschaft"" (http://www.stifterverband.info/ueber_den_stifterverband/english/index.html).
>> You can get information about a running competition (MOOC PRODUCTION FELLOWSHIP) here: https://moocfellowship.org.
>> Following the link https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an
>> YOU CAN VOTE for the course offered by me resp. the NORDAKADEMIE (www.nordakademie.de). For voting you have to register by Facebook or email only.
>>
>> The MOOC we want to build will be based on a blended learning course we have been pursuing as a first year programming course under the headline "object oriented development of web applications" since a couple of years. During this class the students learn object oriented programming from the beginning using Smalltalk and Seaside.
>>
>> Since the material of our blended learning course is in German the first version of the projected MOOC will be in German, too. Getting one of the awards should offer the possibility to build an English version later on.
>>
>> I would be delighted if you could adjust our Smalltalk-MOOC project by voting for the course
>>
>> https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an
>
> Interesting !
>
> Do you plan to use Seaside for implementing your MOOC ?

> Maybe you should ask ESUG for some support for your work.

Johannes Brauer

________________________________

Staatlich anerkannte private Fachhochschule
NORDAKADEMIE
Gemeinnützige Aktiengesellschaft
Köllner Chaussee 11
25337 Elmshorn

Vorstand:
Prof. Dr. Georg Plate (Vorsitzender), Dipl.-Ing. Jörg Meier (stellv. Vorstand)

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Dr. h.c. Hans-Heinrich Bruns

Sitz:
Elmshorn, Amtsgericht Pinneberg, HRB 1682

jb

Re: first MOOC about OOP with Smalltalk and Seaside - voting period ends at Thursday

jb

there is a chance to adjust our MOOC project: please vote for it until May, 23rd. You can use the following link:
https://moocfellowship.org/submissions/objektorientierte-programmierung-von-web-anwendungen-von-anfang-an

I apologize for this reminder.

Thanks a lot

Johannes