fixed-width spotter and dual monitors

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

is there a way to have the spotter window fixed-width, or at least cap the maximum width?

If I use dual monitors (as in I extend the Pharo window over two screens), then the spotter will be about 2000 pixels wide.

Ideally it would be nice if I could specify where the spotter appears...e.g. if pharo window width < 2000, then on the center, if > 2000 then the right quarter.

Thanks,
Peter

Re: fixed-width spotter and dual monitors

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

There is no way to do that now. But, if you want to add settings for it, please feel free to commit changes.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Sep 8, 2016, at 3:43 PM, Peter Uhnak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to have the spotter window fixed-width, or at least cap the maximum width?
>
> If I use dual monitors (as in I extend the Pharo window over two screens), then the spotter will be about 2000 pixels wide.
>
> Ideally it would be nice if I could specify where the spotter appears...e.g. if pharo window width < 2000, then on the center, if > 2000 then the right quarter.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: fixed-width spotter and dual monitors

Peter Uhnak
There is no way to do that now. But, if you want to add settings for it, please feel free to commit changes.

I would like to avoid settings as much as possible... it should be automatic (e.g. resolution close to 32:10 is probably a dual monitor).

In the end I modified directly GTSpotterGlobalShortcut class>>#openGlobalSpotter, however it's not generic (so I am not going to commit it yet).

As I found, there are more things that do not play well with dragging Pharo over two monitors: (GT)Debugger, taskbar, growl, ... and possibly many others, so maybe some dual-monitor care package will emerge as I will fix the issues one by one.

Peter