flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

EstebanLM
Hi,
I'm trying to render some uploaded files as flash movies... but without
success by now... I thought it was easy, just putting this method in
MAFileModel (and of course, changing #renderOn:):

renderFlashOn: html
        html swfObject
                url: (self urlOn: html);
                with: 'Loading...'.

But nothing happens (it shows "Movie not loaded...")

If I put an "example" url, the example movie is loaded ok... :(

renderFlashOn: html
        html swfObject
                url:  'http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.swf';
                with: 'Loading...'.

So I think there is something in the URL  generated by #urlOn: that is
not good for swfObject  (writing the html code directly drives to the
same answer)...

Any idea?
Thanks,
Esteban

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Udo Schneider
Esteban,

the first thing that comes to my mind is that the JSON encoding somehow
scrambles the URL.

Could you send me the url which /should/ be shown and the one from the
loadScript at the end of the page source?

CU,

Udo

Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to render some uploaded files as flash movies... but without
> success by now... I thought it was easy, just putting this method in
> MAFileModel (and of course, changing #renderOn:):
>
> renderFlashOn: html
>     html swfObject
>         url: (self urlOn: html);
>         with: 'Loading...'.
>
> But nothing happens (it shows "Movie not loaded...")
>
> If I put an "example" url, the example movie is loaded ok... :(
>
> renderFlashOn: html
>     html swfObject
>         url:  'http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.swf';
>         with: 'Loading...'.
>
> So I think there is something in the URL  generated by #urlOn: that is
> not good for swfObject  (writing the html code directly drives to the
> same answer)...
>
> Any idea?
> Thanks,
> Esteban

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Lukas Renggli
Looks like Pier is trying to do some stuff without contacting
Magritte. I fixed that with the following commit:

Name: Pier-Seaside-lr.335
Author: lr
Time: 8 February 2009, 7:15:15 pm
UUID: 3ec9e938-41c2-498a-ab6d-8b91d77d5439
Ancestors: Pier-Seaside-lr.334

- let magritte do more when inlining files

Furthermore I fixed Magritte so that you don't need to patch it when
adding flash support.

Name: Magritte-Seaside-lr.284
Author: lr
Time: 8 February 2009, 7:14:43 pm
UUID: b4427b22-de09-406c-b014-819abec12965
Ancestors: Magritte-Seaside-pmm.283

- made MAFileModel extensible

HTH,
Lukas

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Esteban,
>
> the first thing that comes to my mind is that the JSON encoding somehow
> scrambles the URL.
>
> Could you send me the url which /should/ be shown and the one from the
> loadScript at the end of the page source?
>
> CU,
>
> Udo
>

> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to render some uploaded files as flash movies... but without
>> success by now... I thought it was easy, just putting this method in
>> MAFileModel (and of course, changing #renderOn:)  :
>>
>> renderFlashOn: html
>>    html swfObject
>>        url: (self urlOn: html);
>>        with: 'Loading...'.
>>
>> But nothing happens (it shows "Movie not loaded...")
>>
>> If I put an "example" url, the example movie is loaded ok... :(
>>
>> renderFlashOn: html
>>    html swfObject
>>        url:  'http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.swf';
>>        with: 'Loading...'.
>>
>> So I think there is something in the URL  generated by #urlOn: that is not
>> good for swfObject  (writing the html code directly drives to the same
>> answer)...
>>
>> Any idea?
>> Thanks,
>> Esteban

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

EstebanLM
Hi, Udo,

This is the generated URL, with #urlOn:

/seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo

And this is the script generated:

<script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/function
onLoad(){swfobject.embedSWF('/seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo',
'id12', '310', '137', '9.0.0',
'/seaside/files/SwfObjectFileLibrary/expressInstall.swf', {}, {},
{"id":"id12"});}/*]]>*/</script>

Seems to be the same :(

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2009-02-08 15:37:46 -0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> said:

> Esteban,
>
> the first thing that comes to my mind is that the JSON encoding somehow
> scrambles the URL.
>
> Could you send me the url which /should/ be shown and the one from the
> loadScript at the end of the page source?
>
> CU,
>
> Udo
>

> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to render some uploaded files as flash movies... but without
>> success by now... I thought it was easy, just putting this method in
>> MAFileModel (and of course, changing #renderOn:):
>>
>> renderFlashOn: html
>> html swfObject
>> url: (self urlOn: html);
>> with: 'Loading...'.
>>
>> But nothing happens (it shows "Movie not loaded...")
>>
>> If I put an "example" url, the example movie is loaded ok... :(
>>
>> renderFlashOn: html
>> html swfObject
>> url:  'http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.swf';
>> with: 'Loading...'.
>>
>> So I think there is something in the URL  generated by #urlOn: that is
>> not good for swfObject  (writing the html code directly drives to the
>> same answer)...
>>
>> Any idea?
>> Thanks,
>> Esteban

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Udo Schneider
Esteban,

 > /seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo
What happens if you type the URL directly in the browser? Does the flash
  file play?

CU,

Udo

Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:

> Hi, Udo,
>
> This is the generated URL, with #urlOn:
>
> /seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo
>
> And this is the script generated:
>
> <script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/function
> onLoad(){swfobject.embedSWF('/seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo',
> 'id12', '310', '137', '9.0.0',
> '/seaside/files/SwfObjectFileLibrary/expressInstall.swf', {}, {},
> {"id":"id12"});}/*]]>*/</script>
>

> Seems to be the same :(
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban
>
> On 2009-02-08 15:37:46 -0200, Udo Schneider
> <[hidden email]> said:
>
>> Esteban,
>>
>> the first thing that comes to my mind is that the JSON encoding somehow
>> scrambles the URL.
>>
>> Could you send me the url which /should/ be shown and the one from the
>> loadScript at the end of the page source?
>>
>> CU,
>>
>> Udo
>>

>> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm trying to render some uploaded files as flash movies... but without
>>> success by now... I thought it was easy, just putting this method in
>>> MAFileModel (and of course, changing #renderOn:):
>>>
>>> renderFlashOn: html
>>> html swfObject
>>> url: (self urlOn: html);
>>> with: 'Loading...'.
>>>
>>> But nothing happens (it shows "Movie not loaded...")
>>>
>>> If I put an "example" url, the example movie is loaded ok... :(
>>>
>>> renderFlashOn: html
>>> html swfObject
>>> url:  'http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.swf';
>>> with: 'Loading...'.
>>>
>>> So I think there is something in the URL  generated by #urlOn: that is
>>> not good for swfObject  (writing the html code directly drives to the
>>> same answer)...
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>> Thanks,
>>> Esteban

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

EstebanLM
No, it starts a download  (of mymovie.swf) :(

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2009-02-09 12:02:44 -0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> said:

> Esteban,
>
>  > /seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo
> What happens if you type the URL directly in the browser? Does the flash
>   file play?
>

> CU,
>
> Udo
>

> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>> Hi, Udo,
>>
>> This is the generated URL, with #urlOn:
>>
>> /seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo
>>
>> And this is the script generated:
>>
>> <script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/function
>> onLoad(){swfobject.embedSWF('/seaside/Stroytrast?_s=rigOmvO5PzX_VmOo',
>> 'id12', '310', '137', '9.0.0',
>> '/seaside/files/SwfObjectFileLibrary/expressInstall.swf', {}, {},
>> {"id":"id12"});}/*]]>*/</script>
>>

>> Seems to be the same :(
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban
>>
>> On 2009-02-08 15:37:46 -0200, Udo Schneider
>> <[hidden email]> said:
>>
>>> Esteban,
>>>
>>> the first thing that comes to my mind is that the JSON encoding somehow
>>> scrambles the URL.
>>>
>>> Could you send me the url which /should/ be shown and the one from the
>>> loadScript at the end of the page source?
>>>
>>> CU,
>>>
>>> Udo

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Udo Schneider
 > No, it starts a download  (of mymovie.swf) :(
is "mymovie.swf" the name of the file you uploaded? If yes we can at
least assume, that the URL does indeed return the uploaded file.

Wild Guess 2: As the browser downloads the file instead of displaying it
... could you check which MIME Type is returned for mymovie.swf in the
HTTP Response? (Firebug might help here).

CU,

Udo

Seems to be:

application/x-shockwave-flash

:(

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2009-02-09 14:32:21 -0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> said:

>  > No, it starts a download  (of mymovie.swf) :(
> is "mymovie.swf" the name of the file you uploaded? If yes we can at
> least assume, that the URL does indeed return the uploaded file.
>
> Wild Guess 2: As the browser downloads the file instead of displaying it
> ... could you check which MIME Type is returned for mymovie.swf in the
> HTTP Response? (Firebug might help here).
>
> CU,
>
> Udo
>

> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>> No, it starts a download  (of mymovie.swf) :(
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban
>>
>> On 2009-02-09 12:02:44 -0200, Udo Schneider
>> <[hidden email]> said:
>>
>>> Esteban,

>>> What happens if you type the URL directly in the browser? Does the flash
>>> file play?
>>>

>>> CU,
>>>
>>> Udo

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Udo Schneider
That's really change. I still assume I have a bug somewhere in
SWFObject. Is there any way for me to take a look at it?

CU,

Udo

Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:

> Seems to be:
>
> application/x-shockwave-flash
>
> :(
>
> Cheers,
> Esteban
>

> On 2009-02-09 14:32:21 -0200, Udo Schneider
> <[hidden email]> said:
>
>>  > No, it starts a download  (of mymovie.swf) :(
>> is "mymovie.swf" the name of the file you uploaded? If yes we can at
>> least assume, that the URL does indeed return the uploaded file.
>>
>> Wild Guess 2: As the browser downloads the file instead of displaying it
>> ... could you check which MIME Type is returned for mymovie.swf in the
>> HTTP Response? (Firebug might help here).
>>
>> CU,
>>
>> Udo
>>

>> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>>> No, it starts a download  (of mymovie.swf) :(
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Esteban

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

EstebanLM
Oops , sorry for not answer this before, I was very busy last days :(
Sure, I can make available the application for being explored, but you
need to notify me when you are going to do it, so I can put the
application on-line.
Or maybe you want the sources?

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2009-02-10 07:36:01 -0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> said:

> That's really change. I still assume I have a bug somewhere in
> SWFObject. Is there any way for me to take a look at it?
>
> CU,
>
> Udo
>
> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>> Seems to be:
>>
>> application/x-shockwave-flash
>>
>> :(
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Esteban

>>> is "mymovie.swf" the name of the file you uploaded? If yes we can at
>>> least assume, that the URL does indeed return the uploaded file.
>>>
>>> Wild Guess 2: As the browser downloads the file instead of displaying it
>>> ... could you check which MIME Type is returned for mymovie.swf in the
>>> HTTP Response? (Firebug might help here).
>>>
>>> CU,
>>>
>>> Udo

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Udo Schneider
Esteban,

> Or maybe you want the sources?
I'll drop you a private mail.

CU,

Udo

> Cheers,
> Esteban
>
> On 2009-02-10 07:36:01 -0200, Udo Schneider
> <[hidden email]> said:
>
>> That's really change. I still assume I have a bug somewhere in
>> SWFObject. Is there any way for me to take a look at it?
>>
>> CU,
>>
>> Udo
>>
>> Esteban Lorenzano schrieb:
>>> Seems to be:
>>>
>>> application/x-shockwave-flash
>>>
>>> :(
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Esteban

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

EstebanLM
Ok, I solve the "problem".
The flash plugin does not read files without the ".swf" file
extension... yes, it is stupid.
So, I changed MAFIleModel in order to render meaningful urls (bah...
more or less meaningful), but enough to make it understandable for the
plugin... and that's all, everithing now works like a charm.

Cheers,
Esteban

On 2009-02-12 09:31:39 -0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> said:

> Esteban,
>
>> Or maybe you want the sources?
> I'll drop you a private mail.
>
> CU,
>
> Udo
>

>> Cheers,
>> Esteban
>>
>> On 2009-02-10 07:36:01 -0200, Udo Schneider
>> <[hidden email]> said:
>>
>>> That's really change. I still assume I have a bug somewhere in
>>> SWFObject. Is there any way for me to take a look at it?
>>>
>>> CU,
>>>
>>> Udo

Re: flash movie with MAFileModel and SWFObject

Udo Schneider
Hi Esteban,

 > Ok, I solve the "problem".
Great to hear!

BTW: I just stumbled over another "security" feature of the FlashPlayer.
  Under normal conditions the flash plugin can only load additional
stuff from the exact same location it was loaded from. I just spent few
hours debugging because I moved my OpenFlashChartSwf to a CDN and tried
to deliver it's JSON Data over seaside ... :-(

CU,

Udo