follouw-up book Stéfane Ducasse / squeak / object-oriented programming.

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

follouw-up book Stéfane Ducasse / squeak / object-oriented programming.

barry10
hi

With the introduction of the book "Squeak, Learn Programming With Robots" there was talk about a follow-
up book about Object-oriented programming:

The present book teaches elementary programming concepts, the following book will introduce a new fun environment and teach object-oriented programming.

Does anybody know more about this follow-up book? Title / other info?

I figured out learning smalltalk would be key to master Seaside and Squeak, Learning Programming With Robots is such a nice book!

Barry

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: follouw-up book Stéfane Ducasse / squeak / object-oriented programming.

barry10
For everybody's notice, i have contacted Mr. Ducasse.

The good news Mr. Ducasse is hopefull there will be a follow-up if he haves the time to finish it.
Thats really great news, because his previous book was so great.

There is also a book called Squeak by Example co-written by Mr. Ducasse, but this book is more focused on the Smalltalk envirement called Squeak, then it's about object oriented programming.

Barry.

barry10 wrote
hi

With the introduction of the book "Squeak, Learn Programming With Robots" there was talk about a follow-
up book about Object-oriented programming:

The present book teaches elementary programming concepts, the following book will introduce a new fun environment and teach object-oriented programming.

Does anybody know more about this follow-up book? Title / other info?

I figured out learning smalltalk would be key to master Seaside and Squeak, Learning Programming With Robots is such a nice book!

Barry