font size in Dolphin 5

Rappaz
Is it possible to change any font size in Dolphin 5 ?

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Ted Bracht-2
Hi Rappaz,

"Rappaz" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Is it possible to change any font size in Dolphin 5 ?

You can change any font. It depends where you are. If for example you want
to change the default font for the workspaces, you can go into User
Preferences, scroll donw to Workspace and double click on the defaultFont
aspect. Most (all?) other screens that come with the system can be changed
in this way. If you create your own windows you can of course control it in
the View Composer.

Ted

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Ian Bartholomew-12
Marc-Andre,

> Is it possible to change any font size in Dolphin 5 ?

To alter the font in workspaces (including the browser workspaces) then
change

User Preferences/Workspace/defaultFont

To alter the other changeable fonts (menus, lists etc) go to

User Preferences/Development System/defaultFont

--
Ian
Due to spamming the reply-to address may only be valid for the next few

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Rappaz
Thank's for your answer.
 I have a trial version of Dolphin 5. User Preferences/Development
System/defaultFont
seems to be unvaluable.

Regards
Marc-A.

"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le message de
news: RL1H8.976$xU5.123228@wards...

> Marc-Andre,
>
> > Is it possible to change any font size in Dolphin 5 ?
>
> To alter the font in workspaces (including the browser workspaces) then
> change
>
> User Preferences/Workspace/defaultFont
>
> To alter the other changeable fonts (menus, lists etc) go to
>
> User Preferences/Development System/defaultFont
>
> --
> Ian
> Due to spamming the reply-to address may only be valid for the next few
> days.  Use it to mail me _now_ if you want a longer term contact address.

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Blair McGlashan
"Rappaz" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Thank's for your answer.
>  I have a trial version of Dolphin 5. User Preferences/Development
> System/defaultFont
> seems to be unvaluable.

The option is definitely available in Dolphin 5, trial or full version
regardless.

Regards

Blair

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Ian Bartholomew-12
Marc-A,

>  I have a trial version of Dolphin 5. User Preferences/Development
> System/defaultFont
> seems to be unvaluable.

I think the trial versions have some facilities hidden and/or disabled so
the Font selection option might have disappeared, either intentionally or as
a side effect, of that.  ObjectArts are the only ones who can say which.

One other possibility is that you have altered something in the image that
has broken this particular option (we have all been there, done that and got
the tee-shirt :-) ). The easiest way to check this is to create a fresh
installation, assuming the trial version has a menu option for that, to see
if a clean image does the same thing.

--
Ian
Due to spamming the reply-to address may only be valid for the next few
days.  Use it to mail me _now_ if you want a longer term contact address.

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Rappaz
Well...

News installations do not solve the problem.
When I click on User Preferences/DevelopmentSystem, I have an error.
Last line of debugging is :

systemDictionnary(Object)errorNotFound:

errorNotFound: anObject

 ^NotFoundError new
  receiver: self;
  signalWith: anObject

where anObject is #SystemBrowserShell.

Anyway... thank's for the answer !

PS: the question would be : will it be so with a complet version...

"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> a écrit dans le message de
news: 8f5H8.994$xU5.124688@wards...
> Marc-A,
>
> >  I have a trial version of Dolphin 5. User Preferences/Development
> > System/defaultFont
> > seems to be unvaluable.
>
> I think the trial versions have some facilities hidden and/or disabled so
> the Font selection option might have disappeared, either intentionally or
as
> a side effect, of that.  ObjectArts are the only ones who can say which.
>
> One other possibility is that you have altered something in the image that
> has broken this particular option (we have all been there, done that and
got
> the tee-shirt :-) ). The easiest way to check this is to create a fresh
> installation, assuming the trial version has a menu option for that, to
see
> if a clean image does the same thing.
>
> --
> Ian
> Due to spamming the reply-to address may only be valid for the next few
> days.  Use it to mail me _now_ if you want a longer term contact address.

Re: font size in Dolphin 5

Andy Bower
Rappaz,

> News installations do not solve the problem.
> When I click on User Preferences/DevelopmentSystem, I have an error.
> Last line of debugging is :
>
> systemDictionnary(Object)errorNotFound:
>
> errorNotFound: anObject
>
>  ^NotFoundError new
>   receiver: self;
>   signalWith: anObject
>
> where anObject is #SystemBrowserShell.
>
> Anyway... thank's for the answer !
>
> PS: the question would be : will it be so with a complet version...

This sounds like a problem with Dolphin Value Edition in general (not just
the trial) since the System Browser is only available in Standard Edition
and higher. Looking at it, it looks like fix #944 has been left out of the
DVE download although it is included in the Live Update 5.0.1 patch. :-(

In order to be able to reapply the patch in your image please evaluate:

SessionManager current productDetails at: 5 put: 0

Then go and open the Live Update icon in the Dolphin system folder and
follow the instructions to install the 5.0.1 patch. After that you should be
able to open the User Preferences and set the font as described.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com