fonts

Tudor Girba-3
Hi,

I ran my usual font setting script (see below) on
pharo0.1-10371dev09.07.1 and the fonts did not get set. I ran the same
code on Pharo0.1Core-10371 and it worked.

Any idea what is the difference between the dev and the core images
regarding this issue? Is it because of some initialization of the font
system?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving should be concentrated on describing
the problem in a way that is relevant for the solution."

Re: fonts

Tudor Girba-3
Hi again :),

Indeed, reinitializing the font system seems to have solved the problem:
FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem

Cheers,
Doru

Re: fonts

Mariano Martinez Peck
It would be nice to add this code snippet to here: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CodeSnippets

--------

On 8 Jul 2009, at 14:37, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I ran my usual font setting script (see below) on
> pharo0.1-10371dev09.07.1 and the fonts did not get set. I ran the same
> code on Pharo0.1Core-10371 and it worked.
>
> Any idea what is the difference between the dev and the core images
> regarding this issue? Is it because of some initialization of the font
> system?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving should be concentrated on describing
> the problem in a way that is relevant for the solution."

www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: fonts

Tudor Girba-3
Done.

Doru

On 8 Jul 2009, at 14:50, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> It would be nice to add this code snippet to here: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/CodeSnippets
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> Hi again :),
>
> Indeed, reinitializing the font system seems to have solved the
> problem:
> FreeTypeFontProvider current updateFromSystem
>
> Cheers,
> Doru

"Beauty is where we see it."