football.db Glorp mapping for World Cup 2018

football.db Glorp mapping for World Cup 2018

Pierce Ng-3
Hi all,

I started a Glorp descriptor system for football.db, aka OpenFootball.
Repo at https://github.com/PierceNg/footballdb-Glorp. Blog post at
http://www.samadhiweb.com/blog/2018.06.10.openfootball.glorp.html.

Tested working on Linux with 32-bit and 64-bit Pharo 60540 images.

Won't be finished in time for this World Cup but should be ready for the
next one! :-)

Pierce

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 04:49:18PM -0700, Alan Knight wrote:
> >From a really quick scan, I'm not sure if you're automatically generating
> these, but there are some syntactic shortcuts for simple mappings that you
> can use. e.g. you can write aDescriptor directMapping instead of
> (aDescriptor newMapping: DirectMapping). And for the common case of a
> single table for a descriptor, if you can't just pass the field name, then
> that should be fixed.

Thanks for the hint. The mapping has been done by hand. I have a CD/DVD
of a not too old version of CST PUL, so if there are tools on it that
can help with automating the mapping, I'll try them too.

Pierce