fs filesystem fslocator

Camillo Bruni
I am currently doing a small refactoring of FSFilesystem.
Does anybody need explicitly FSLocator?

Otherwise I'd vouch for removing it..

best
cami

Re: fs filesystem fslocator

Henrik Sperre Johansen

On Jan 19, 2012, at 2:05 41PM, Camillo Bruni wrote:

> I am currently doing a small refactoring of FSFilesystem.
> Does anybody need explicitly FSLocator?
>
> Otherwise I'd vouch for removing it..
>

> best
> cami

Why?

Seems kinda nice to me to be able to specify locations relative to image/vm/desktop etc without having to worry about those locations changing when you load the image on a different platform.

Cheers,
Henry

Re: fs filesystem fslocator

Camillo Bruni
On 2012-01-19, at 14:21, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2012, at 2:05 41PM, Camillo Bruni wrote:
>> I am currently doing a small refactoring of FSFilesystem.
>> Does anybody need explicitly FSLocator?
>>
>> Otherwise I'd vouch for removing it..
>>

>> best
>> cami
>>
> Why?
>
> Seems kinda nice to me to be able to specify locations relative to image/vm/desktop etc without having to worry about those locations changing when you load the image on a different platform.

Sure sure, I wouldn't remove the functionality. But I would rather like to introduce a custom PathType to reflect named paths.

I just feel uncomfortable with FSLocator being almost the same as an FSReference but they're not completely interchangeable.

cami

Re: fs filesystem fslocator

fstephany
I always directly reference FSLocator. Of course I can refactor my code
if you come with a better solution than a FSLocator almost identical
than FSReference...

--
http://tulipemoutarde.be
BE: +32 (0)65 709 131