fuel problem

Tudor Girba
Hi Martin,

It looks like there is a problem with the ConfigurationOfFuelMooseExtension in that the version 1.2 references FuelMooseExtension-MartinDias.10, which does not exist on squeaksource.

It could be that the problem is due to the squeaksource problem. Could you check and possibly republish the version?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Fwd: fuel problem

Tudor Girba
Hi Mariano,

I forgot to add you to this mail :).

Cheers,
Doru

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Date: 18 May 2011 10:06:29 CEST
> To: Martin Dias <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Moose-dev Moose Dev <[hidden email]>
> Subject: fuel problem
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> It looks like there is a problem with the ConfigurationOfFuelMooseExtension in that the version 1.2 references FuelMooseExtension-MartinDias.10, which does not exist on squeaksource.
>
> It could be that the problem is due to the squeaksource problem. Could you check and possibly republish the version?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"No matter how many recipes we know, we still value a chef."

Re: fuel problem

Mariano Martinez Peck
Done. Yes, squeaksource has been loosing lots of files the last days.
Tell me if something else is missing. But I think it should be ok.

BTW....very soon we can provide a version 1.3 which would include new versions of Fuel which improves speed and memory usage.

I want to ask...is there actually using Fuel in Moose? I mean, does someone export models using Fuel ?
I have no idea how it is being used in Moose but there are some tunning that you can do. Martin will be able to help probably. But what I want to say is that if there is someone doing a "FLSerializer on: aWriteStream"

In 1.3 you will be able to do:  FLSerializer on: aWriteStream hintSize: aNumber bufferSize: aBufferSize
so you can set two things:
- a hintSize of what you are going to serialize after. This is used to directly initialize collections and be faster (avoid growing collections). This is useful if you usually export a similar model and you can know more or less the size (size -> amount of objects in the whole subgraph).
- aBufferSize. This mixes between memory and speed. It is the size of the buffer to keep in memory before going to disk. The bigger it is, the faster it should be but the most memory consuming also. The smaller it is, the slower it is but less memory is used.

Of course both things have a default value and they work pretty well. But maybe playing with them you have much better results for Moose.

Cheers

Mariano

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

It looks like there is a problem with the ConfigurationOfFuelMooseExtension in that the version 1.2 references FuelMooseExtension-MartinDias.10, which does not exist on squeaksource.

It could be that the problem is due to the squeaksource problem. Could you check and possibly republish the version?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: fuel problem

Tudor Girba
Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 11:11, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Done. Yes, squeaksource has been loosing lots of files the last days.
> Tell me if something else is missing. But I think it should be ok.

Thanks, Mariano. It seems that the problem is fixed.

> BTW....very soon we can provide a version 1.3 which would include new versions of Fuel which improves speed and memory usage.
>
> I want to ask...is there actually using Fuel in Moose? I mean, does someone export models using Fuel ?
> I have no idea how it is being used in Moose but there are some tunning that you can do. Martin will be able to help probably. But what I want to say is that if there is someone doing a "FLSerializer on: aWriteStream"

Not directly. We only use the FuelMooseExtensions which does the mapping to the Fame objects transparently.

Cheers,
Doru

> In 1.3 you will be able to do:  FLSerializer on: aWriteStream hintSize: aNumber bufferSize: aBufferSize
> so you can set two things:
> - a hintSize of what you are going to serialize after. This is used to directly initialize collections and be faster (avoid growing collections). This is useful if you usually export a similar model and you can know more or less the size (size -> amount of objects in the whole subgraph).
> - aBufferSize. This mixes between memory and speed. It is the size of the buffer to keep in memory before going to disk. The bigger it is, the faster it should be but the most memory consuming also. The smaller it is, the slower it is but less memory is used.
>
> Of course both things have a default value and they work pretty well. But maybe playing with them you have much better results for Moose.
>
> Cheers
>
> Mariano
>

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> It looks like there is a problem with the ConfigurationOfFuelMooseExtension in that the version 1.2 references FuelMooseExtension-MartinDias.10, which does not exist on squeaksource.
>
> It could be that the problem is due to the squeaksource problem. Could you check and possibly republish the version?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: fuel problem

tinchodias
Hi! sorry I didn't see this thread until now.

Cheers,
Martin