fun with morphic and inheritance

Stéphane Ducasse
Quizz

What is the superclass of PopUpChoiceMorph ?

the answer is below

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

StringMorph.... probably because it has a String displayed.

We removed it with luc and noury. But this is just an example of mix between inheritance
and composition we would like to avoid in the future

Re: fun with morphic and inheritance

Fernando olivero
Just a comment.

Following a discussion i recall having with Juan Vuletich, the same idea would apply for replacing Inheritance  with composition for  modeling geometry in Morphic.

Not having Morph -> RectangleMorph -> TextMorph , and pretty much all the subclasses of BorderedMorph.

On Jan 31, 2010, at 9:30 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Quizz
>
> What is the superclass of PopUpChoiceMorph ?
>

> the answer is below

> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>

> StringMorph.... probably because it has a String displayed.
>
> We removed it with luc and noury. But this is just an example of mix between inheritance
> and composition we would like to avoid in the future

Re: fun with morphic and inheritance

Stéphane Ducasse
May be :) now let us focus on the obvious and ugly :)

Stef