gems wont' start up

Charles Monteiro
See here:

http://screencast.com/t/quy1c2UPv

I have tried to manually restart the gems to no avail.

I had previously used this appliance to load stuff.

Should I bail and get a fresh copy ?

thanks

-Charles

Re: gems wont' start up

Dale Henrichs
Charles,

Perhaps we should move this conversation the the GLASS mailing list[1] as we're getting into GLASS specifics?

If you are aiming for Seaside3.0.6 then perhaps you should head directly down that route as starting and stopping the system is done differently than using the appliance ....

If you want to continue with the appliance, then I would like to see the output of a gem log:

  /opt/gemstone/log/gemnet*.log

When you manually tried to restart did you use the following command:

  sudo /etc/init.d/topaz restart

Dale

| I have tried to manually restart the gems to no avail.
|
| I had previously used this appliance to load stuff.
|
| Should I bail and get a fresh copy ?
|
| thanks
|
| -Charles

Re: gems wont' start up

Charles Monteiro
Dale Henrichs <dhenrich <at> vmware.com> writes:

> Charles,
>
> Perhaps we should move this conversation the the GLASS mailing list[1] as
we're getting into GLASS specifics?

K, I'll move the thread there.

Re: gems wont' start up

marcelo Cortez
Charles

try to delete process files , some times this files block gems start
the files are on: /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data

the command is

rm /opt/gemstone/product/seaside/data/*.pid

cheers

mdc

pd: i 'know this response  is only for you, for list reasons.