gemstone again,

GLASS mailing list
Hello

I'm going back to using Gemstone, and I'm stuck in a newbie question.
I did not install it since the time of glass, but I try to return to the ring.
I can not log in topaz.
the log says:
   Incorrect password for user 'glass'.
    error = Password validation failed for user glass,
pam_authenticate error: 9, Authentication service can not retrieve
authentication info
ok password error.
the interesting thing is that it does not matter the user that always
puts the error is with glass.
Maybe I made some installation error but I can not reverse it.
I used the credentials of the manual with the still current swordfish
passw. :) but I do not agree
This introduction also serves to pick up the thread with gemstone and
join the community.
regards
Juan Cortez

btw: I will attend the 2017 smalltalks in "la plata city".

Re: gemstone again,

GLASS mailing list
Juan,

I think you should be using the DataCurator user to login (topaz command):

   set u DataCurator p swordfish

Take a look at the GsDevKit_home project[1] on GitHub, if you haven't
already. There are a number of helper scripts in the $GS_HOME/bin
directory for create/start/stop/delete operations for stones, netldi,
and topaz ...

Unfortunately I won't be at Smalltalks this year, but Martin and James
will be there and they might be able to answer some of your questions.

Dale

[1]
https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-

On 11/1/17 9:12 AM, Juan via Glass wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm going back to using Gemstone, and I'm stuck in a newbie question.
> I did not install it since the time of glass, but I try to return to the ring.
> I can not log in topaz.
> the log says:
>     Incorrect password for user 'glass'.
>      error = Password validation failed for user glass,
> pam_authenticate error: 9, Authentication service can not retrieve
> authentication info
> ok password error.
> the interesting thing is that it does not matter the user that always
> puts the error is with glass.
> Maybe I made some installation error but I can not reverse it.
> I used the credentials of the manual with the still current swordfish
> passw. :) but I do not agree
> This introduction also serves to pick up the thread with gemstone and
> join the community.
> regards
> Juan Cortez
>
> btw: I will attend the 2017 smalltalks in "la plata city".

Re: gemstone again,

GLASS mailing list
Dale!,

I did it! without result.
I used dataCurator user and p swordfish, but the strange thing is that the log
says that the error is from the user glass.

01/11/17 13:23:58 ART Authorization Warning:
    Incorrect password for user 'glass'.
    error = Password validation failed for user glass,
pam_authenticate error: 9, Authentication service can not retrieve
authentication info

That log, is using DataCurator and swordfish.

Maybe I made some mistake of ownership of the files.
because the linux user is glass. and somewhere in the installation, I
also put glass as user in gemstone.
No password works, the base is empty, I should restart the passwod but
for that I need to log in :(.
I'm using the version

| GemStone / S64 Object-Oriented Data Management System |
| Copyright (C) GemTalk Systems 1986-2017 |
| All rights reserved. |
+ -------------------------------------------------
---------------------------- +
| PROGRAM: NETLDI, GemStone Network Daemon |
| VERSION: 3.4.0, Thu Oct 19 11:19:41 2017 |
| BUILD: gss64_3_4_x_branch-42785 |
| BUILT FOR: x86-64 (Linux) |
| MODE: 64 bit |
| RUNNING ON: 2-CPU gemstone x86_64 (Linux 4.4.0-98-generic # 121-Ubuntu SMP Tue
| Oct 10 14:24:03 UTC 2017) 2000MB |
| PROCESS ID: 2317 DATE: 01/11/17 12:59:57 ART |
| USER IDS: REAL = glass (1000) EFFECTIVE = root (0) LOGIN = glass (1000) |
| _____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, do not ask before, is this the correct list for this problem?

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
regards

  Juan Cortez

ps: my next question is to use GsDevKit_home project [1] on GitHub

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Juan,
>
> I think you should be using the DataCurator user to login (topaz command):
>
>   set u DataCurator p swordfish
>
> Take a look at the GsDevKit_home project[1] on GitHub, if you haven't
> already. There are a number of helper scripts in the $GS_HOME/bin directory
> for create/start/stop/delete operations for stones, netldi, and topaz ...
>
> Unfortunately I won't be at Smalltalks this year, but Martin and James will
> be there and they might be able to answer some of your questions.
>
> Dale
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home#open-source-development-kit-for-gemstones-64-bit-
>

> On 11/1/17 9:12 AM, Juan via Glass wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm going back to using Gemstone, and I'm stuck in a newbie question.
>> I did not install it since the time of glass, but I try to return to the
>> ring.
>> I can not log in topaz.
>> the log says:
>>     Incorrect password for user 'glass'.
>>      error = Password validation failed for user glass,
>> pam_authenticate error: 9, Authentication service can not retrieve
>> authentication info
>> ok password error.
>> the interesting thing is that it does not matter the user that always
>> puts the error is with glass.
>> Maybe I made some installation error but I can not reverse it.
>> I used the credentials of the manual with the still current swordfish
>> passw. :) but I do not agree
>> This introduction also serves to pick up the thread with gemstone and
>> join the community.
>> regards
>> Juan Cortez
>>
>> btw: I will attend the 2017 smalltalks in "la plata city".

Re: gemstone again,

GLASS mailing list
Juan,

I’ve just lost power at my home where I’m working so I am without internet access and am reading email on a small phone screen ... since you apparently not used GsDevKit_home to install you probably do not have all of the OS prerequisites installed .. GsDevKit_home has a bash script[1] that installs the prerequisite packages. You can manually do the install prereqs or run the script as part of GsDevKit_home installation (which I recommend).

Dale

[1] https://github.com/GsDevKit/GsDevKit_home/blob/master/bin/utils/installOsPrereqs

Sent from my iPhone

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thank you!

<[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Everything works, thanks for your time and help.
I will miss our talks at smalltalk's.
Thanks, again.

  the best,

  Juan Cortez