gemstone and systemd

Gemstone/S mailing list
Hello,

Before I reinvent the wheel, I wanted to check if someone had already put gemstone under systemd (start/stop/restart/shutdown,..).

Let me know if you have scripts and/or experiences to share.

There was a thread on that topic in 2015 showing that systemd kills gemstone too fast in the case of the shutdown.

(Our target OS is CentOS7)

Thanks,
Thierry

Re: gemstone and systemd

Gemstone/S mailing list
This is what I am using in CentOS7.... it's really really basic...nothing fancy at all.

----

#!/bin/bash
# Gemstone manager
# chkconfig: 345 96 01
# processname: Gemstone manager

case "$1" in

start)
        # Below line could actually be done by "gslist -c" but for some reason it didn't work for us
        find /opt/gemstone/locks/ -type f -not -name 'gemstone.hostid' -delete
        $GS_HOME/bin/startAllStones -b

    ;;
status)
    # Ideally, we could do something like: /opt/gemstone/product/bin/gslist -lcv
    # But we cannot rely on /opt/gemstone/product becuase GemStone installation can be elsewhere
    # and even more, we can have multiple gemstone installations in different paths
        $GS_HOME/bin/stones
;;
stop)

        $GS_HOME/bin/stopAllStones -b
;;

restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
;;

*)
        echo "Usage: $0 {status|start|stop|restart}"
        exit 1
esac

exit 0