gemtools on pharo 1.3?

EstebanLM
hi,
is gemtools running in pharo 1.3?

cheers,
Esteban

Re: gemtools on pharo 1.3?

Dale Henrichs
I think that gemtools should run in pharo 1.3, however, there are issues with FFI that have been around for quite some time and that means you need to run with an older vm (there was a recent thread on the vm versions that work in this list)... because of the vm issues I have been using 1.1.1 for my GemTools image ...

With all of the said, I am working very hard on tODE, which will be expected to replace GemTools ... I am getting tantalizingly close:)

Dale

On 06/27/2011 12:24 PM, Dale Henrichs wrote:
> I think that gemtools should run in pharo 1.3, however, there are issues with FFI that have been around for quite some time and that means you need to run with an older vm (there was a recent thread on the vm versions that work in this list)... because of the vm issues I have been using 1.1.1 for my GemTools image ...
>
> With all of the said, I am working very hard on tODE, which will be expected to replace GemTools ... I am getting tantalizingly close:)
>
> Dale

Ken Treis submitted a Cog FFI patch and has GemTools working with Cog.

See:
http://forum.world.st/Cog-FFI-Return-Values-tp3357931p3385957.html

I don't know about Pharo 1.2 or 1.3 though.