classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

git repos cloned into unexpected directory

Arturo Zambrano
Hi!
I'm getting the following strange behavior using Iceberg in Pharo7 .

My setup is like this:
- Using Pharo Launcher
- have several images  

I notice that when I clone a repository it is correctly downloaded into pharo-local/icerberg of that image.

When I load a baseline of that project, that fires the download of several github repos, they are NOT stored in pharo-local/iceberg for the current image. Instead, 
they stored in pharo-local of an old image. I even tried deleting the whole old image directory (the one that pharo launcher creates). The result is the same, all the dependencies are stored in that directory (something recreates that).

As a result several images are sharing a common iceberg location  for dependencies ... I checked that I don't have enabled "Share repositories between images".

Is there some settings file shared between all the pharo launcher managed  images? 
Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: git repos cloned into unexpected directory

alistairgrant
Hi Arturo,

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 12:49, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hi!
> I'm getting the following strange behavior using Iceberg in Pharo7 .
>
> My setup is like this:
> - Using Pharo Launcher
> - have several images
>
> I notice that when I clone a repository it is correctly downloaded into pharo-local/icerberg of that image.
>
> When I load a baseline of that project, that fires the download of several github repos, they are NOT stored in pharo-local/iceberg for the current image. Instead,
> they stored in pharo-local of an old image. I even tried deleting the whole old image directory (the one that pharo launcher creates). The result is the same, all the dependencies are stored in that directory (something recreates that).
>
> As a result several images are sharing a common iceberg location  for dependencies ... I checked that I don't have enabled "Share repositories between images".
>
> Is there some settings file shared between all the pharo launcher managed  images?
> Thanks!

Yes!  Take a look at:

StartupPreferencesLoader preferencesGeneralFolder

It might be worthwhile renaming the settings folder to another
directory so that you remove all your settings and then trying again.

Cheers,
Alistair

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: git repos cloned into unexpected directory

Arturo Zambrano
Thanks Alistair. That solves the problem.
Cheers
Arturo

On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 2:41 PM Alistair Grant <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Arturo,

On Fri, 2 Nov 2018 at 12:49, Arturo Zambrano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi!
> I'm getting the following strange behavior using Iceberg in Pharo7 .
>
> My setup is like this:
> - Using Pharo Launcher
> - have several images
>
> I notice that when I clone a repository it is correctly downloaded into pharo-local/icerberg of that image.
>
> When I load a baseline of that project, that fires the download of several github repos, they are NOT stored in pharo-local/iceberg for the current image. Instead,
> they stored in pharo-local of an old image. I even tried deleting the whole old image directory (the one that pharo launcher creates). The result is the same, all the dependencies are stored in that directory (something recreates that).
>
> As a result several images are sharing a common iceberg location  for dependencies ... I checked that I don't have enabled "Share repositories between images".
>
> Is there some settings file shared between all the pharo launcher managed  images?
> Thanks!

Yes!  Take a look at:

StartupPreferencesLoader preferencesGeneralFolder

It might be worthwhile renaming the settings folder to another
directory so that you remove all your settings and then trying again.

Cheers,
Alistair