glamour circular transmissions are back :)

glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I am very happy to announce that Andrei solved the long-lasting
Glamour bug that prevented the correct
refresh of browsers with circular dependencies between panes.

This means that from now on, we have significantly more freedom in
creating complex browsers.

For example, in the Meta Browser, if you click on the bottom
visualization, the browser will properly navigate to that entity and
highlight it in the visualization.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Stéphane Ducasse
what was the problem?

Stef

On Aug 22, 2010, at 6:32 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am very happy to announce that Andrei solved the long-lasting Glamour bug that prevented the correct
> refresh of browsers with circular dependencies between panes.
>
> This means that from now on, we have significantly more freedom in creating complex browsers.
>
> For example, in the Meta Browser, if you click on the bottom visualization, the browser will properly navigate to that entity and highlight it in the visualization.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Tudor Girba
A subtle side effect of overriding GLMPresentation>>=.

Doru

On 22 Aug 2010, at 21:32, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> what was the problem?
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 22, 2010, at 6:32 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am very happy to announce that Andrei solved the long-lasting
>> Glamour bug that prevented the correct
>> refresh of browsers with circular dependencies between panes.
>>
>> This means that from now on, we have significantly more freedom in
>> creating complex browsers.
>>
>> For example, in the Meta Browser, if you click on the bottom
>> visualization, the browser will properly navigate to that entity
>> and highlight it in the visualization.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not what we do that matters most, it's how we do it."

Re: glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Simon Denier-3

On 22 août 2010, at 18:32, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am very happy to announce that Andrei solved the long-lasting Glamour bug that prevented the correct
> refresh of browsers with circular dependencies between panes.
>
> This means that from now on, we have significantly more freedom in creating complex browsers.
>
> For example, in the Meta Browser, if you click on the bottom visualization, the browser will properly navigate to that entity and highlight it in the visualization.

Good. I think it was just the one critical issue for 4.1

Does somebody see some critical remaining issue?

Meanwhile, I suggest for the coming week that we test and report (and fix) any usability issue which affects the user experience on a daily basis.

--
 Simon

Re: glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I perfectly agree. We should release a beta now.

The main issues would be:
- There are two failing tests left:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/302/

- the slowness of mondrian in DSM

- add PetitJava to Configuration (and possibly to code highlighting)

Doru

On 23 Aug 2010, at 13:28, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 22 août 2010, at 18:32, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am very happy to announce that Andrei solved the long-lasting
>> Glamour bug that prevented the correct
>> refresh of browsers with circular dependencies between panes.
>>
>> This means that from now on, we have significantly more freedom in
>> creating complex browsers.
>>
>> For example, in the Meta Browser, if you click on the bottom
>> visualization, the browser will properly navigate to that entity
>> and highlight it in the visualization.
>

> Good. I think it was just the one critical issue for 4.1
>
> Does somebody see some critical remaining issue?
>

> Meanwhile, I suggest for the coming week that we test and report
> (and fix) any usability issue which affects the user experience on a
> daily basis.
>

> --
> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Alexandre Bergel
> - the slowness of mondrian in DSM

Yesterday I produced a fix. Have you tried since then?

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On 23 août 2010, at 17:49, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

>> - the slowness of mondrian in DSM
>
> Yesterday I produced a fix. Have you tried since then?

I think we are referring to the isAbstractClass check in MOShape>>new, which is really too costly (actually there is no other client for this method in the whole Pharo image :))

> Cheers,
> Alexandre

>>> Good. I think it was just the one critical issue for 4.1
>>>
>>> Does somebody see some critical remaining issue?
>>>

>>> Meanwhile, I suggest for the coming week that we test and report (and fix) any usability issue which affects the user experience on a daily basis.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Simon

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

 Simon

Re: glamour circular transmissions are back :)

Tudor Girba
Indeed, we are referring to isAbstractClass. From the tests of Jannik,
instantiation is an order of magnitude slower.

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 Aug 2010, at 18:22, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 23 août 2010, at 17:49, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>>> - the slowness of mondrian in DSM
>>
>> Yesterday I produced a fix. Have you tried since then?
>

> I think we are referring to the isAbstractClass check in
> MOShape>>new, which is really too costly (actually there is no other
> client for this method in the whole Pharo image :))
>

>> Cheers,
>> Alexandre

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

>> --
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

> Simon

www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."