glamour: double click

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
Hi Tudor,

I want to use the double click event in a tree for opening a new window.
couldn't find examples of strongSelection doing something like that... Is this possible?

regards,
Veronica

Re: glamour: double click

Tudor Girba
Hi Veronica,

At the moment, spawning a new window is possible only through a custom
action.

On double-click, I only populate the #strongSelection port. There is
no action support for this event, but it would be possible to add.

However, I would actually want to prevent as much as possible the
developer to go to the mouse level. In fact, I would like to prevent
making opening a new window too easy :).

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Apr 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:

> Hi Tudor,
>
> I want to use the double click event in a tree for opening a new
> window.
> couldn't find examples of strongSelection doing something like
> that... Is this possible?
>
> regards,
> Veronica

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: glamour: double click

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
why not? I am considering that option for making faster the access to data, even thought i have the action at the right menu too.

I am thinking now about that custom action :p

On 28 Apr 2010, at 12:43, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Veronica,
>
> At the moment, spawning a new window is possible only through a custom action.
>
> On double-click, I only populate the #strongSelection port. There is no action support for this event, but it would be possible to add.
>
> However, I would actually want to prevent as much as possible the developer to go to the mouse level. In fact, I would like to prevent making opening a new window too easy :).
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 28 Apr 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>
>> Hi Tudor,
>>
>> I want to use the double click event in a tree for opening a new window.
>> couldn't find examples of strongSelection doing something like that... Is this possible?
>>
>> regards,
>> Veronica

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: glamour: double click

Tudor Girba
Because I do not want to build tools that proliferate windows. If you
make it easy from the beginning, you will end up with tons of
windows :). So, I would like to put a bit of pressure and rather spend
some effort finding other means to model the use cases.

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Apr 2010, at 13:01, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:

> why not? I am considering that option for making faster the access
> to data, even thought i have the action at the right menu too.
>
> I am thinking now about that custom action :p
>

> On 28 Apr 2010, at 12:43, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Veronica,
>>
>> At the moment, spawning a new window is possible only through a
>> custom action.
>>
>> On double-click, I only populate the #strongSelection port. There
>> is no action support for this event, but it would be possible to add.
>>
>> However, I would actually want to prevent as much as possible the
>> developer to go to the mouse level. In fact, I would like to
>> prevent making opening a new window too easy :).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 28 Apr 2010, at 12:34, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Tudor,
>>>
>>> I want to use the double click event in a tree for opening a new
>>> window.
>>> couldn't find examples of strongSelection doing something like
>>> that... Is this possible?
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> Veronica
>>
>> --