glamour in the course of being migrated

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.

My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?

I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:

sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
pattern := 'Glamour*'.
((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
  do: [:each |
      self crLog: each packageName.
      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
      self crLog: each printString.
      sourceGofer fetch ]).

repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
  owner: 'Moose'
  project: 'Glamour'
  user: 'USERNAME'
  password: 'PASSWORD'.

targetGofer := Gofer new.
targetGofer repository: repo.
(((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
        allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
        groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
        keys do: [:name |
                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis
Hi Doru,

I'll have a look and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.

My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?

I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:

sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
pattern := 'Glamour*'.
((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
  do: [:each |
      self crLog: each packageName.
      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
      self crLog: each printString.
      sourceGofer fetch ]).

repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
  owner: 'Moose'
  project: 'Glamour'
  user: 'USERNAME'
  password: 'PASSWORD'.

targetGofer := Gofer new.
targetGofer repository: repo.
(((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
        allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
        groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
        keys do: [:name |
                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Great. Actually, given that you are a couple of meters away from the physical machine, you could just directly copy from the repository at the file system level, and publish it afterwards to STHub.

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doru,

I'll have a look and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.

My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?

I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:

sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
pattern := 'Glamour*'.
((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
  do: [:each |
      self crLog: each packageName.
      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
      self crLog: each printString.
      sourceGofer fetch ]).

repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
  owner: 'Moose'
  project: 'Glamour'
  user: 'USERNAME'
  password: 'PASSWORD'.

targetGofer := Gofer new.
targetGofer repository: repo.
(((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
        allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
        groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
        keys do: [:name |
                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Usman Bhatti
It'll be good to mark the project already moved as read-only or a comment mentioning that people should commit now on SThub.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Great. Actually, given that you are a couple of meters away from the physical machine, you could just directly copy from the repository at the file system level, and publish it afterwards to STHub.

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doru,

I'll have a look and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.

My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?

I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:

sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
pattern := 'Glamour*'.
((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
  do: [:each |
      self crLog: each packageName.
      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
      self crLog: each printString.
      sourceGofer fetch ]).

repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
  owner: 'Moose'
  project: 'Glamour'
  user: 'USERNAME'
  password: 'PASSWORD'.

targetGofer := Gofer new.
targetGofer repository: repo.
(((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
        allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
        groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
        keys do: [:name |
                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Tudor Girba-2
Yes. That is what I said before we started :)

Doru

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
It'll be good to mark the project already moved as read-only or a comment mentioning that people should commit now on SThub.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Great. Actually, given that you are a couple of meters away from the physical machine, you could just directly copy from the repository at the file system level, and publish it afterwards to STHub.

Cheers,
Doru

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doru,

I'll have a look and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.

My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?

I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:

sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
pattern := 'Glamour*'.
((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
  do: [:each |
      self crLog: each packageName.
      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
      self crLog: each printString.
      sourceGofer fetch ]).

repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
  owner: 'Moose'
  project: 'Glamour'
  user: 'USERNAME'
  password: 'PASSWORD'.

targetGofer := Gofer new.
targetGofer repository: repo.
(((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
        allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
        groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
        keys do: [:name |
                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis

Great. Actually, given that you are a couple of meters away from the physical machine, you could just directly copy from the repository at the file system level, and publish it afterwards to STHub.

Right now I'm trying with the script.
If I do not succeed I'll copy them directly from the physical machine.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Doru,

I'll have a look and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.

My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?

I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:

sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
pattern := 'Glamour*'.
((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
  do: [:each |
      self crLog: each packageName.
      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
      self crLog: each printString.
      sourceGofer fetch ]).

repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
  owner: 'Moose'
  project: 'Glamour'
  user: 'USERNAME'
  password: 'PASSWORD'.

targetGofer := Gofer new.
targetGofer repository: repo.
(((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
        allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
        groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
        keys do: [:name |
                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

stephane ducasse
doru

I can give a try.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried migrating the Glamour code, but I failed after 36 hours while still fetching: I got a squeaksource connection exception.
>
> My guess is that the home connection is not up to the task. Can anyone help with a better university connection? Andrei, could you look at it?
>
> I used the below script in Pharo 2.0:
>
> sourceGofer := Gofer new squeaksource: 'Glamour'.
> pattern := 'Glamour*'.
> ((sourceGofer allResolved select: [:aPac | pattern match: aPac packageName ])
>  do: [:each |
>      self crLog: each packageName.
>      sourceGofer package: each packageName.
>      self crLog: each printString.
>      sourceGofer fetch ]).
>

> repo := MCSmalltalkhubRepository
>  owner: 'Moose'
>  project: 'Glamour'
>  user: 'USERNAME'
>  password: 'PASSWORD'.
>

> targetGofer := Gofer new.
> targetGofer repository: repo.
> (((FileSystem disk workingDirectory / 'package-cache')
> allFiles select: [:each | (pattern, '.mcz') match: each basename])
> groupedBy: [:each | (each base copyUpToLast: $-) ])
> keys do: [:name |
> targetGofer package: name; push]
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Some battles are better lost than fought."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

stephane ducasse
Andrei

I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)

Stef
On Feb 21, 2013, at 11:02 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

                targetGofer package: name; push]

Cheers,
Doru

On Feb 20, 2013, at 7:19 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to migrate Glamour to SmalltalkHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"The coherence of a trip is given by the clearness of the goal."

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

stephane ducasse
> Andrei
>
> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)

Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

stephane ducasse
I migrated GlamourLoader to get started.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

stephane ducasse
I migrated

        Glamour-Tools*

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis
Hi Stef,

I connected to the physical machine and I can easily get all the packages.
So if you missing some let me know

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I migrated GlamourLoader to get started.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis
Hi Stef,

Will you also move the other packages or shall I do it?

Andrei

On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef,

Will you also move the other packages or shall I do it?

If you can do it. Else I will give a try. I was in a meeting so I was trying to see how it works.
But since you have the packages pushing them will be easier.

Stef

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stef,

I connected to the physical machine and I can easily get all the packages.
So if you missing some let me know

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I migrated GlamourLoader to get started.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis

Hi,

I tried it right now but I got a connection error: "ConnectionClosed: Connection closed while waiting for data.'"
Should I be in the moose team to be able to commit or I am missing something?

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I tried it right now but I got a connection error: "ConnectionClosed: Connection closed while waiting for data.'"
Should I be in the moose team to be able to commit or I am missing something?

I added you to the Moose team. Can you try and see if it works?

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef,

Will you also move the other packages or shall I do it?

If you can do it. Else I will give a try. I was in a meeting so I was trying to see how it works.
But since you have the packages pushing them will be easier.

Stef

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stef,

I connected to the physical machine and I can easily get all the packages.
So if you missing some let me know

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I migrated GlamourLoader to get started.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis

I tried it now and strange things happen.
I wanted to upload first Glamour-Seaside to see if it works.
It uploaded the packages from category 'Glamour-Seaside-Rendering' and then I got the previous error.
Now I get the error all the times.
I have the image Pharo-20560 with the latest cog vm

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I tried it right now but I got a connection error: "ConnectionClosed: Connection closed while waiting for data.'"
Should I be in the moose team to be able to commit or I am missing something?

I added you to the Moose team. Can you try and see if it works?

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef,

Will you also move the other packages or shall I do it?

If you can do it. Else I will give a try. I was in a meeting so I was trying to see how it works.
But since you have the packages pushing them will be easier.

Stef

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stef,

I connected to the physical machine and I can easily get all the packages.
So if you missing some let me know

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I migrated GlamourLoader to get started.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Usman Bhatti
I was able to fetch all glamour packages on SS so now I am pushing all of these packages to Glamour on SThub.
Once pushed, I'll load glamour from STHub to see if the tests pass.

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

I tried it now and strange things happen.
I wanted to upload first Glamour-Seaside to see if it works.
It uploaded the packages from category 'Glamour-Seaside-Rendering' and then I got the previous error.
Now I get the error all the times.
I have the image Pharo-20560 with the latest cog vm

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I tried it right now but I got a connection error: "ConnectionClosed: Connection closed while waiting for data.'"
Should I be in the moose team to be able to commit or I am missing something?

I added you to the Moose team. Can you try and see if it works?

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:39 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef,

Will you also move the other packages or shall I do it?

If you can do it. Else I will give a try. I was in a meeting so I was trying to see how it works.
But since you have the packages pushing them will be easier.

Stef

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Andrei Vasile Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Stef,

I connected to the physical machine and I can easily get all the packages.
So if you missing some let me know

Andrei

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:52 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I migrated GlamourLoader to get started.

Stef

On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:46 PM, stephane ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Andrei
>>
>> I fetched all the glamour packages and I will push them because it goes quit fast from here :)
>
> Apparently after a while I do not get all the packages…. strange.
>

> Stef

Re: glamour in the course of being migrated

Andrei Chis

Super. I attempted it again but after uploading a few packages I just get a a lot of errors

Andrei