glamour on pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
Hi,

I made glamour to load on pharo 1.4... now, I have some errors on tests (17), most of them because MorphTreeMorph>>#mouseUp:onMorph: does not exists anymore.
I don't know how to fix that. Should I commit my changes anyway, and hope some benevolent developer to fix that (Doru?)

best,
Esteban

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Esteban,

Sounds great. Are the changes compatible with 1.3? If not, I would prefer to wait until Moose is out. Any day now.

Cheers,
Doru

On 7 Feb 2012, at 17:39, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made glamour to load on pharo 1.4... now, I have some errors on tests (17), most of them because MorphTreeMorph>>#mouseUp:onMorph: does not exists anymore.
> I don't know how to fix that. Should I commit my changes anyway, and hope some benevolent developer to fix that (Doru?)
>
> best,
> Esteban

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
I don't think so... but why wait? we can create a new metacello config to deal with 1.4 without harm 1.3.

best,
Esteban

El 07/02/2012, a las 4:27p.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Hi Esteban,
>
> Sounds great. Are the changes compatible with 1.3? If not, I would prefer to wait until Moose is out. Any day now.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 7 Feb 2012, at 17:39, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I made glamour to load on pharo 1.4... now, I have some errors on tests (17), most of them because MorphTreeMorph>>#mouseUp:onMorph: does not exists anymore.
>> I don't know how to fix that. Should I commit my changes anyway, and hope some benevolent developer to fix that (Doru?)
>>
>> best,
>> Esteban

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Theoretically yes. In practice:
- The Glamour configuration does not have proper versioning numbers (and basically no real way to update those numbers properly). It would be great to get one working, but it is also important to have it working within the whole of Moose, which is not so easy apparently. Would you like to work on this?
- Working in the same repository for two versions of Pharo will create a mess with the numbering scheme. I would be happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers,
Doru

On 7 Feb 2012, at 21:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> I don't think so... but why wait? we can create a new metacello config to deal with 1.4 without harm 1.3.
>
> best,
> Esteban
>
> El 07/02/2012, a las 4:27p.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>
>> Hi Esteban,
>>
>> Sounds great. Are the changes compatible with 1.3? If not, I would prefer to wait until Moose is out. Any day now.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 7 Feb 2012, at 17:39, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I made glamour to load on pharo 1.4... now, I have some errors on tests (17), most of them because MorphTreeMorph>>#mouseUp:onMorph: does not exists anymore.
>>> I don't know how to fix that. Should I commit my changes anyway, and hope some benevolent developer to fix that (Doru?)
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Esteban

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

www.tudorgirba.com

"Presenting is storytelling."

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
Hi,

I think next moose move is to run in pharo 1.4. Isn't?
So, best approach is start moving moose components to pharo, step by step. This is where metacello can be really valuable:
-you move glamour
-then you move another moose component, etc.
-in the end, you move all moose.

In the mean time, you can keep moose for 1.3 with some bugfixes if needed (and yes, you will have some mess in version, if you doit wrong: best way is to not use same autoassigned numbers for bugfix monticello versions). For instance "Glamour-Helpers-Author-NewNumber.mcz" could be numbered: "Glamour-Helpers-FixNumber-Author-OldNumber.mcz" (sounds messy, but as there shouldn't be much fix versions, not a really issue)
But this is, of course, in the assumption effort will be moving to 1.4 as a priority (and I think it should).

I can prepare a metacello version for glamour in pharo 1.4, yes...

best,
Esteban

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think next moose move is to run in pharo 1.4. Isn't?

After we release 1.3. As I said, the problem is that we do not have a
proper configuration for 1.3, so we are stuck.

> So, best approach is start moving moose components to pharo, step by step. This is where metacello can be really valuable:
> -you move glamour
> -then you move another moose component, etc.
> -in the end, you move all moose.
> In the mean time, you can keep moose for 1.3 with some bugfixes if needed (and yes, you will have some mess in version, if you doit wrong: best way is to not use same autoassigned numbers for bugfix monticello versions). For instance "Glamour-Helpers-Author-NewNumber.mcz" could be numbered: "Glamour-Helpers-FixNumber-Author-OldNumber.mcz" (sounds messy, but as there shouldn't be much fix versions, not a really issue)
> But this is, of course, in the assumption effort will be moving to 1.4 as a priority (and I think it should).

It is, but first we have to release 4.6 on pharo 1.3.

> I can prepare a metacello version for glamour in pharo 1.4, yes...

Actually, I am first interested in the configuration for 1.3.
Afterwards the 1.4 one :).

Cheers,
Doru

> best,
> Esteban
>
> El 08/02/2012, a las 3:50a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>
>> Theoretically yes. In practice:
>> - The Glamour configuration does not have proper versioning numbers (and basically no real way to update those numbers properly). It would be great to get one working, but it is also important to have it working within the whole of Moose, which is not so easy apparently. Would you like to work on this?
>> - Working in the same repository for two versions of Pharo will create a mess with the numbering scheme. I would be happy to be proved wrong.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 7 Feb 2012, at 21:41, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think so... but why wait? we can create a new metacello config to deal with 1.4 without harm 1.3.
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Esteban

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Presenting is storytelling."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
Hi,

El 08/02/2012, a las 10:10a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

I can prepare a metacello version for glamour in pharo 1.4, yes...

Actually, I am first interested in the configuration for 1.3.
Afterwards the 1.4 one :).

I thought Guille made it... if not, I first will create a configuration for 1.3, ok :)

Esteban

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Esteban,

How are we on this topic?

Cheers,
Doru

On 8 Feb 2012, at 14:19, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> El 08/02/2012, a las 10:10a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>>
>>> I can prepare a metacello version for glamour in pharo 1.4, yes...
>>
>> Actually, I am first interested in the configuration for 1.3.
>> Afterwards the 1.4 one :).
>
> I thought Guille made it... if not, I first will create a configuration for 1.3, ok :)
>
> Esteban

www.tudorgirba.com

"From an abstract enough point of view, any two things are similar."

Re: glamour on pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
Hi Doru,
I'm working on this today :)
I hope to have some news by the afternoon.

best,
Esteban