[glamour] react while choosing tab

EstebanLM
Hi,

when building some browsers, I often find that it would be useful to react in some way while choosing one tab.

For instance, in glamoroust codebrowser (the "standard" one), when you choose between "Instance" and "Meta", you should react in some way, to display class definition or class instance definition (just like regular browsers).

AFAIK, currently there is no way to achieve that. I think adding some protocol (#onSelect:, for instance) to composition presentations, has some sense...  what do you think?

cheers,
Esteban

Re: [glamour] react while choosing tab

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Esteban,

When you talk about tabs, I guess you are referring to multiple presentations showing the same pane. Then yes, there is no way to control what presentations are active.

I am thinking about how to control presentations for some time, but I am stuck. Do you have a concrete idea?

Cheers,
Doru

On 1 Apr 2012, at 10:26, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when building some browsers, I often find that it would be useful to react in some way while choosing one tab.
>
> For instance, in glamoroust codebrowser (the "standard" one), when you choose between "Instance" and "Meta", you should react in some way, to display class definition or class instance definition (just like regular browsers).
>
> AFAIK, currently there is no way to achieve that. I think adding some protocol (#onSelect:, for instance) to composition presentations, has some sense...  what do you think?
>
> cheers,
> Esteban

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: [glamour] react while choosing tab

EstebanLM
Hi,

what I thought is a bit ugly... but let me try it, at least is a first step :)

this is my "solution": add a method #onSelect: to composite presentations. In that way, you can change status in browsers and trigger actions you'll need (for instance, trigger another update).
I don't know how this will work, for now is just an idea (and not a very good one)

best,
Esteban