glamour seaside splitting

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Andrei,

I just wanted to let you know that I split Glamur-Seaside into four packages (based on the already existing categories):
- Glamour-Seaside-Core
- Glamour-Seaside-Rendering
- Glamour-Seaside-Tests
- Glamour-Seaside-Examples

I started to update the default ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside to:
- load the packages
- load Seaside 3.0.3

However, I seem to have a problem with some initialization code: a class called ExternalWebBrowser needs WebBrowser in the initialize, but it does not find it at loading time. I guess it's a prerequisite order, but I do not know where this comes from.

It would be great if someone can take a look.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Beauty is where we see it."

Re: glamour seaside splitting

Andrei Chis
Hi Doru,

I just wanted to let you know that I split Glamur-Seaside into four packages (based on the already existing categories):
- Glamour-Seaside-Core
- Glamour-Seaside-Rendering
- Glamour-Seaside-Tests
- Glamour-Seaside-Examples

I started to update the default ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside to:
- load the packages
- load Seaside 3.0.3

Thanks for doing this. Loading Glamour-Seaside is much nicer now.

However, I seem to have a problem with some initialization code: a class called ExternalWebBrowser needs WebBrowser in the initialize, but it does not find it at loading time. I guess it's a prerequisite order, but I do not know where this comes from.

It would be great if someone can take a look.

Regarding this error: it appears only when loading version 0.2 of Glamour-Seaside into Pharo 1.2 as this version loads Seaside-Testing 0.6 that in turn loads ExternalWebBrowser 1.1 which need WebBrowser. From what I've seen this class was removed in Pharo 1.2. In ExternalWebBrowser 1.3 this problem in fixed.

This problem should not appear when loading the default version of Glamour-Seaside as it loads Seaside-Testing 1.0.2-baseline which loads the latest version of ExternalWebBrowser.  Still when trying to load the default version of Glamour-Seaside I got a "subscript is out of bounds: -1" error when loading SMock. Another issues that I've encountered is that afler loading Seasise 3.0.3 into the latest image of moose from hudson I get "Set(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #sorted" when trying to do any action with Seaside.

All of the tests above I've done using the latest moose image from hudson and Pharo 1.2

Cheers,
Andrei

Re: glamour seaside splitting

Tudor Girba
Hi Andrei,

Indeed, I worked a bit more after I sent the mail and added a new SeasideTesting baseline that will load the latest ExternalWebBrowser that tests for the presence of  WebBrowser in the initialization.

However, I am indeed stuck with the SMock loading problem. I do not really understand what is going on because the packages are where they should be. In any case, I will send an email to the Seaside mailing list.

Thanks also for the tests with Seaside. I think this is good input again for the Seaside team.

Cheers,
Doru

On 25 Dec 2010, at 20:42, Andrei Vasile Chis wrote:

> Hi Doru,
>

> I just wanted to let you know that I split Glamur-Seaside into four packages (based on the already existing categories):
> - Glamour-Seaside-Core
> - Glamour-Seaside-Rendering
> - Glamour-Seaside-Tests
> - Glamour-Seaside-Examples
>
> I started to update the default ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside to:
> - load the packages
> - load Seaside 3.0.3
>

> Thanks for doing this. Loading Glamour-Seaside is much nicer now.
>

> However, I seem to have a problem with some initialization code: a class called ExternalWebBrowser needs WebBrowser in the initialize, but it does not find it at loading time. I guess it's a prerequisite order, but I do not know where this comes from.
>
> It would be great if someone can take a look.
>

> Regarding this error: it appears only when loading version 0.2 of Glamour-Seaside into Pharo 1.2 as this version loads Seaside-Testing 0.6 that in turn loads ExternalWebBrowser 1.1 which need WebBrowser. From what I've seen this class was removed in Pharo 1.2. In ExternalWebBrowser 1.3 this problem in fixed.
>
> This problem should not appear when loading the default version of Glamour-Seaside as it loads Seaside-Testing 1.0.2-baseline which loads the latest version of ExternalWebBrowser.  Still when trying to load the default version of Glamour-Seaside I got a "subscript is out of bounds: -1" error when loading SMock. Another issues that I've encountered is that afler loading Seasise 3.0.3 into the latest image of moose from hudson I get "Set(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #sorted" when trying to do any action with Seaside.
>
> All of the tests above I've done using the latest moose image from hudson and Pharo 1.2
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei

www.tudorgirba.com

"Be rather willing to give than demanding to get."