glamour, toolbars enable/disable items?

EstebanLM
Hi,
I wonder how can I enable/disable elements from toolbar, depending on selections in some presentations.
I also wonder how can pass "arguments" to elements in toolbar: for example, I need an element in toolbar to know the selection of the list shown in the panel below.

Cheers,
Esteban

Re: glamour, toolbars enable/disable items?

Tudor Girba
Hi,

On 7 Jan 2011, at 22:44, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
> I wonder how can I enable/disable elements from toolbar, depending on selections in some presentations.

You cannot.

> I also wonder how can pass "arguments" to elements in toolbar: for example, I need an element in toolbar to know the selection of the list shown in the panel below.

Every action defined on a presentation receives that presentation as the first argument. From the presentation, you can simply ask for the selection. For example:

... andShow: [:a |
        a list
                act: [:list | list selection inspect] ...
]

However, when working with Glamour, you should think in terms of actions and context. The toolbar is used to define actions that are applicable to the entire presentation. If you want to define an action to a selection only, you should use selectionAct:...
        a list
                selectionAct: [:list | list selection inspect] ...

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Esteban

www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."