gofer using proxy http ?

GLASS mailing list
Is it possible to use Gofer statements AND use a http proxy ?????

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: gofer using proxy http ?

GLASS mailing list
Yes, I did it in the past, when I was running my own smalltalkhub instance via HTTPs. If I remember correctly, I did:

1) defined a proxy in nginx  for the HTTPS (which in fact I have to use it in many places because GemStone 3.1.0.7 does not have Zodiac or any other HTTPS client.....)
2) Let the REAL https URL in ConfigurationOfMyApp (so for example in Pharo it would work without proxy)
3) The code using ConfigurationOfMyApp to load code in GemStone was doing a #repositoryOverrides: or something..Don't remember exactly how, but basically I changed the repository and put mine pointing to my local proxy instead.

Best,

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM, [hidden email] via Glass <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it possible to use Gofer statements AND use a http proxy ?????

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: gofer using proxy http ?

GLASS mailing list
Marten,

In case Mariano's solution is not the one you were looking for...

If you look on the class side of HTTPSocket, there are a number of
different methods for dealing with proxy servers (setting
port/servername, username, etc>) ... the gofer code should be calling
HTTPSocket indirectly do download packages ..

Dale